Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Alpine Route using Pass 2024/5/4 19:02
As I understand Alpine-Takayama-Matsumoto Area Tourist Pass holders cannot use the reservation system for the cable car from Tateyama and the electric bus from Ogizawa along the Alpine Route. In this case, can anyone tell me if I can physically purchase the tickets a few days in advance for the cable car from Tateyama and the electric bus from Ogizawa?

Also, can someone confirm my understanding that for the rest of the transportation along the Alpine Route, I only need to present the pass to get the boarding pass at the start of the route which is either from Dentetsu Toyama or Ogizawa depending on the direction I wish to depart from on the day of the trip?
by Noreen (guest)  

Re: Alpine Route using Pass 2024/5/5 05:36
My understanding is that you cannot make reservations, not even at the station. It means that you will have to wait until there is room on a cable car or bus that is not sold out by people with reservations. On not so busy days and times, this cound be the next one, but potentially you may have to wait multiple departures.

Along the route, pass holders seem to have to pick up a "boarding pass" at the ticket counter each time before using a mode of transport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread