Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/18 21:26
Hi, I'm planning to go to Hokkaido either in Jun or early July for 2 weeks - self drive (total 4 paxs)- if possible to see the pink moss and tulip - which I believe viewing is upto to early June. However, is it a raining season then? When is the better time to view plenty of flowers, need not have to be Lavender most importantly less chances of rain. BTW is the accomodation & car rental much more expensive in the month of JUly as compare to June. We are trying to see as much as we can with lower cost. Looking forward for advise & feedback. Tks.
by cy (guest)  

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/19 09:20
However, is it a raining season then?

No, Hokkaido does not have a rainy season like Honshu. Weather basics for Sapporo are here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

The Furano area gets about 50% sunny days on average in late June. And about 20% rainy days. The rest is cloudy.

BTW is the accomodation & car rental much more expensive in the month of JUly as compare to June.

No, especially not before around July 20 when the school holidays start.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/20 10:35
Dear Aji San,
Thank You so much for your prompt response.
Sorry to trouble you again,
1) what about viewing flowers, when is the good time to see rows & rows of colorful flowers in Furano ( early June /mid JUne/ early JUly)
2) Eastern Hokkaido when is a better time to travel for viewing the scenery- early JUne or mid JUne or early July

Our propose is to enjoy the cool weather, scenery and food and to snap plenty of beautiful photos as possible. Sorry for being greedy, there is so much to see, and we want to try to accomplish as much as possible.

Look forward to your advice. Tq
by cy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/21 10:17
Flower blooming depends a lot on the unpredictable weather and it is hard to foresee the optimum time which may differs each year. For Hokkaido in general tulip is best from May to early June, pink moss from May to mid June, lavender from late June to early August and tulip from late July to mid August.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/22 22:37
Hi William,
Thank you for your response. Base on this website and trip advisor that I've been following on Hokkaido, I came to know you are very well verse in Hokkaido. Once I have draft out my plans for the 14 days self drive intinerarry for Hokkaido, I hope you could review and give some of your valuable input.

Tq.

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/22 23:16
Thanks cy

Yes, both my wife and I love Hokkaido and will be glad to share our experience. Feel free to drop me a line either here or in TripAdvisor. Just let me know it is you if you go for TripAdvisor so that I don't double post in either forum.

Happy planning.

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/23 10:36
I'm also planning a trip to this area to see flows in June. I found this website helpful with regards to what flowers will be in bloom.

http://www.furano-kankou.com/english/flowers.htm

Hope it is of some use!

Rich
by RG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/23 18:05
Hi
I was in Hokkaido in summer and we visitted the flowers fields and some other sightseeing near Furano. Nice day!

http://www.soleilrouge.org/blog/lire-article-240173-2864362-hokkaido__...
by fuchan29 rate this post as useful

Re: Weather and flowers in Hokkaido/Furano 2013/2/28 22:38
Hi Rich & Fuchan29,
Thanks for the info , appreciate it very much.
BTW - Fuchan29 - those photos are lovely

cy

reply to this thread