Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Osaka 2013/2/26 09:06
osaka to tokyo
I will be coming to tokyo for 5 days. I'm going to spend most of my time in tokyo. but I will be staying over at osaka for 1 day to visit my friend.

I was planning to use my Suica. But my fiend suggested to get a 7 day JR pass but I don't know if it's worth it, or if I should stick with using my Suica instead.

What would you suggest?
by Ben (guest)  

Re: Tokyo to Osaka 2013/2/26 13:16
Suica cannot for using between Tokyo and Osaka.
Night bus cheapest about 3000-4500Y/oneway.

or domestic flight to Kansai AP[KIX]
by "Peach" and "Jetstar"(air line)
if enter Japan Narita AP[NRT] first.
by AA (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Osaka 2013/2/27 10:46
Like AA said, Suica isn't going to save you anything for long distance travel and won't help you travel between Tokyo and Osaka.

I also don't think the JR pass will be worth it if you just plan on using it to go to and from Osaka.

If you want to maximize your time, I suggest taking a night bus to Osaka. There are several companies that do it though you might find Willerexpress the easiest to use as you can book online in English and the prices are reasonable.

You could then take a night bus or shinkansen back to Tokyo depending on your schedule.

Peach and Jetstar run cheap flights between Osaka and Tokyo but getting to and from the airports can be time consuming and add to the price so you may find the night bus or shinkansen fits better in with your plans.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Osaka 2013/3/1 05:57
Thank you AA and Sage.
I won't bother with JR pass.
I'll look into the night bus too.
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread