Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

second hand/recycle shops - clothes 2013/2/27 06:09
A friend suggest visiting second hand/recycle shops around Tokyo. She suggested shops to visit.
I'm not a big fan of 2nd hand clothes. Even in Australia I wouldn't touch it, unless it's from someone I know.
But I was thinking when I go to Tokyo next month, I'll check out a second hand/recycle shops to see what it's like.
In Japan, would the second hand clothes be in good condition or would they wash the clothes they buy from someone?
by Jenny (guest)  

Re: second hand/recycle shops - clothes 2013/2/27 11:35
In Japan, would the second hand clothes be in good condition or would they wash the clothes they buy from someone?

The selection varies a lot depending on the store, but I think things are generally in good condition. Many items are like new, especially at the higher end recycle stores. I'm not sure on policy, but I think they may be required to wash used clothes before reselling it. Either way, I would wash anything you bought before wearing it.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: second hand/recycle shops - clothes 2013/3/1 05:54
Thank you for the advice :) I always wash before I wear clothes too.
by Jenny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: second hand/recycle shops - clothes 2013/3/1 10:52
Go to Komehyo "Reuse department store", in Shinjuku (Shinjuku Sanchome metro station, exit E3).
It's located right next to Rainbow Village.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: second hand/recycle shops - clothes 2013/3/2 06:56
Thank you Sandy. I'll make a note to go there
by Jenny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: second hand/recycle shops - clothes 2013/3/3 13:05
I went to a couple of 2nd hand shops in Tokyo and found the cloths to be of fantastic quality! I ended up buying so much it didn't fit in my bag on the way home! The best i found was Bingo used clothing in Shibuya, 32-13 Udagawacho B1, Shibuya-ku [opposite the GrandTokyo Building. Also there is a good one in Harajuku called Kinji used clothing, check it out!
by K-Dog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread