Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Budgeting help? 2013/2/28 02:08
Hello all.
I was hoping some of you may be able to take a look at our proposed budget for food and sightseeing (all accommodation and travel is already paid for) for my upcoming Japan trip and see how its looking, perhaps alert me if I'm way off? :) The totals below are for two people and are approximate totals, depending on the exchange rate at the time! Bare in mind, we're on a medium to low budget - don't mind not having a top quality meal every single day. I've looked at the budget guides but I'm not sure if they include accommodation or not. Any advice appreciated.

Here goes...

1 day Osaka - 20,000 JPY
7 days Kyoto (hoping for day trip to Arashiyama, Nara, perhaps Himeji) - 110,000 JPY
3 days Kanazawa (perhaps cut one day short and visit Takayama) - 27,000 JPY
2 days Tokyo - 55,000 JPY
by Neil W  

Re: Budgeting help? 2013/2/28 10:40
I usually recommend to budget around 10,000 yen per person per day including food and accommodation. So what you've listed should more than enough (about double what I'd recommend as a minimum) since you already have your travel and lodging taken care of.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Budgeting help? 2013/3/2 18:05
Thanks for the advice, its put my mind at rest :)
by Neil W rate this post as useful

reply to this thread