Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinosaki Bus Tour 2013/3/3 18:00
Hi,

I'm planning to visit kinosaki onsen on a day trip (using the kansai wide area pass) this April. This website (http://www.kinosaki-hotsprings.com/sightseeing.html ) mentions a Bus tour available to visit the Genbudou, jibasan and Izushi , but I couldn't find any info on the price and the timing. Questions:

1. Anyone has info on the price and timing of the bus. Also whether I can just drop by the bus station to buy the ticket?

2. Do you think it's possible to take this bus tour in the morning and then go to the onsen in the afternoon? We are staying in osaka for the duration of our trip.

Thank you.
by may32  

Re: Kinosaki Bus Tour 2013/3/3 21:13
1. Anyone has info on the price and timing of the bus. Also whether I can just drop by the bus station to buy the ticket?

The tour bus can be boarded at 8:50 am at the Daikakigi-kan convention hall bus stop, or at 9:00 in front of the Zentan Bus Station. The bus returns to Kinosaki at 2:00pm in the afternoon. Reservations are necessary and can be made at your hotel, ryokan or at the bus station.

2. Do you think it's possible to take this bus tour in the morning and then go to the onsen in the afternoon? We are staying in osaka for the duration of our trip.

Not possible for day trip. It will take about 3 hours by train from Osaka to Kinosaki Onsen. You would be too late for the 8:50 bus tour .
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: side trips on the way to Kinosaki 2013/3/3 21:13
I'm planning to visit Kinosaki Onsen on a day trip (using the Kansai wide area pass) this April.

If just stroll around in addition to using one hot-spring facility, Kinosaki can be toured in four hours; but personally I recommend you would stay for the bight in a hot-spring inn.
: The earliest Ltd. Express train for Osaka (Hamakaze 2) is scheduled to depart at 07:13 and arrive to Osaka at 10:01. This train does not run to Shin-Osaka.
: The last Ltd. Express train for Osaka (Konotori 26) is scheduled to depart at 18:18 and arrive to Osaka at 21:00. This train runs to Shin-Osaka.

This website mentions a Bus tour....

A JR-West Kansai WIDE Area Pass does not cover bus fees.
Zentan Bus is a non-JR bus company which is operating local bus lines in northern Hyogo [Tajima] and a few express bus lines, also organizing some bus tours.

I suggest you would utilize your pass and get off your train at Tokyooka (pronounced Toyo-oka) on the way (and maybe on the way back if you stay in Kinosaki) to make side trips to oriental sun stork park, Izushi area and Genbudo Park. Bus and train departures are at small numbers, so please ask again here about timetables if you decide places to visit.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Correction: typos 2013/3/3 21:23
NOT: If just stroll around..., ...; ...stay for the bight ....
BUT: If you just stroll around..., ...; ...stay for the night ....

Re: Kinosaki Bus Tour 2013/3/5 23:31
Thanks! I'm very interested to try the soba at Izushi, do you think it's worth the trip there ? Also any recommended soba shop? I'm thinking to go Izushi for lunch and back to Kinosaki for one of the onsen. Do you think it will be too rush? Thanks again.
by may32 rate this post as useful

RE: your questions 2013/3/6 23:32
I'm very interested to try the soba at Izushi

There are dozens of shops offering soba (buckwheat) noodle in Izushi.
(Some of them can offer non-soba food items for customers allergic to buckwheat.)
Soba noodle is served and tasted in various ways. I suppose that in Izushi, soba noodle is served in a pile and you take a certain amount on a small plate, season it and taste it.

Also any recommended soba shop?

I am reminded of a few shops, but here I hope not to support a certain soba shop in particular, so I keep their names hidden. One shop is near a clock tower Shinkoro (http://www.izushi.co.jp/map/miru/rekishi/shinkoro/img/shinkoro.jpg), a landmark of Izushi. One shop is a branch of a manufacturer of Japanese confectionery (wagashi).
You might have a chance to do a part of soba-making process (soba-uchi) in one of several shops. One of such shops is managed by a local beer company and located near the bus terminal.
I am not sure whether there are clerks, waiters/waitresses or instructors understating English well. It will be better if you know about soba in advance.

do you think it's worth the trip there?

It may be during a cherry festival in Izushi (held from early April for about one month), though it might be not the best timing to see cherry blossoms.

reply to this thread