Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca - Haruka Pass 2013/3/4 16:24
Hi all..

If I bought ICOCA HARUKA one way pass, can I use it to go back to KIX from Kyoto?

I have JR Sanyo Pass for the trip from KIX to Osaka.. so I don't need the Haruka pass until my last day.

Thanks in advance for any answer.
by ent (guest)  

Re: Icoca - Haruka Pass 2013/3/4 16:42
If I bought ICOCA HARUKA one way pass, can I use it to go back to KIX from Kyoto?

You can use the balance on your Icoca card to travel back to KIX. If you want to use the Haruka, you would have to purchase a limited express fee ticket for the train separately, though. If you want to take the Haruka back within two weeks, you should purchase the round trip version.

I have JR Sanyo Pass for the trip from KIX to Osaka.. so I don't need the Haruka pass until my last day.

Then, the Icoca&Haruka package is not suitable for your purposes. It is only suitable for travelers who take the Haruka FROM the airport into Osaka or Kyoto.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca - Haruka Pass 2013/3/4 16:53
@Uji : thanks for your prompt answer.. guess I check other alternatives to go back to KIX.
by ent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca & Haruka package 2013/3/4 17:16

An ICOCA & HARUKA package does NOT include a rail pass for you to travel as you like. A ticket in the one-way package is a one-way one-day ticket valid only from Kansai-airport Station, not valid in the reverse direction or on another day.

I have JR Sanyo Pass for the trip from KIX to Osaka

If you start from Kansai-airport Station and come back within 14 calendar days, you can use tickets (available at 2000 yen) in a roundtrip ICOCA & HARUKA package to get to Osaka / Shin-Osaka and get from Kyoto, though you cannot reserve your seats. Please note that a Haruka train does not make a stop at Osaka Station.

If you pay a JR regular cost separately for Kyoto -- Kansai airport, the cost is 1890 yen if you do not take a Haruka, or 2980 yen if you take a Haruka but do not reserve a seat, or 3290 to 3690 yen (varying by seasons and days) if you take a Haruka in a car of seats requiring reservation.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca - Haruka Pass 2013/3/4 17:28
@omotenashi : Thanks for the clarification.

On the first day, I will be going from KIX to hiroshima (transfer at shin-osaka) using my 4 days JR Sanyo pass.

I'm still looking at the option and I think that maybe I can use JR Special Rapid Service and JR Kansai Airport Rapid Service (1830 yen - transfer at osaka station).

... 2013/3/4 17:59
I'm still looking at the option and I think that maybe I can use JR Special Rapid Service and JR Kansai Airport Rapid Service (1830 yen - transfer at osaka station).

You could do what we used to do before they introduced the ICOCA + Haruka, and that is to buy the JR West One Day Kansai Area Pass (2000 yen).
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_03.html

This lets you ride the Haruka in the non-reserved section all the way from Kyoto to KIX, as well as use any other JR trains within the zone on your final day as well.

Another option may be to purchase the return ICOCA + Haruka package and just use the Haruka ticket for getting from KIX to Shin-Osaka on your first day, then start using your Sanyo pass from Shin-Osaka onwards, then at least you have the return Haruka ticket which you can use from Kyoto. The cost of the Haruka portion of the ICOCA + Haruka return package is also 2000 yen.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca - Haruka Pass 2013/3/4 18:12
Thank you very much GC3..
I forgot about the 1 day kansai pass..

I'm thinking to go to uji in the morning from kyoto, because my flight leaves at 23.00.. with this kansai pass, I can go to uji, back to kyoto to pick up my luggage then take haruka to the airport.. perfect solution..^_^

Thanks again..

reply to this thread