Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nasu-shiobara bus question 2013/3/5 02:23
Been looking through the timetables of JR Kanto Bus from Nasu-shiobara to Shiobara Onsen. Japan Guide info says there are buses from there every hour, but in the timetable I found there are only a few buses around noon that goes from that station. The rest goes from Nishi-Nasuno Station. Is this something permanent or just during the winter? Does it run differently on weekends? Then I have been looking at the Toya Bus schedule which I cannot find, just sole departures. I would like to know when the first and last bus departs from Nasu-shiobara Station and Nasu Yumoto respectively since I cannot find any proper timetable. Are there different departures at weekends and summer/winter as well?
by SweGuy (guest)  

Re: Nasu-shiobara bus question 2013/3/5 08:20
I found there are only a few buses around noon that goes from that station. The rest goes from Nishi-Nasuno Station. Is this something permanent or just during the winter?

It is permanent. And note that it is not just around noon. There are departures at 10:40, 11:45, 12:45, 13:45 and 14:45.

Does it run differently on weekends?

No.

Then I have been looking at the Toya Bus schedule which I cannot find, just sole departures.

This tool let's you look up the timetables:
http://www.atochigi.ne.jp/toya_bus/?ATOCHIGI=6f36ac6de6fbaa1783d79f142...

I would like to know when the first and last bus departs from Nasu-shiobara Station and Nasu Yumoto respectively since I cannot find any proper timetable.

The timetable changes in April.

Currently, the first and last buses depart Nasu-Shiobara Station at 8:00 and 14:55. Nearby Kuroiso Station has earlier (before 7:00) and later departures (until 19:05).

First departure from Yumoto to Nasu-Shiobara is at 7:20. The last at 16:25. To Kuroiso there are departues as late as 19:30.

Are there different departures at weekends and summer/winter as well?

Yes, the timetables are different. The main difference is that buses operate further up the mountain during summer. But there are also minor differences for the section between Nasu-Shiobara and Yumoto.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nasu-shiobara bus question 2013/3/5 20:26
Thank you Uji. Appreciate it.

By the way, there is no kind of city, busstop or trainstation name translator for English-Japanese etc? Google translate only gives wierd names like "Port before big door" etc... Makes no sense at all.
by SweGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread