Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Barrier Free Fushimi Inari 2013/3/7 20:16
So I know that Fushimi Inari is a long uphill
Walk, and the websites say that it is partially accessible, does anyone know if you get to walk through the tori? I don't want to bring someone there if they can't get to the Main attraction. Thanks.
by ThannyBradford (guest)  

Re: Barrier Free Fushimi Inari 2013/3/8 17:21
From JR Inari Station, the first of the Torii gates can be reached in about 10-15 mins walk. There are some steps on the way to the first Torii gate still, but not very steep or very long flights.

Walking uphill from the first Torii gate through the rows of Torii to the top of the hill and back will easily take an hour and a half to two hours.
by simonality rate this post as useful

Re: Barrier Free Fushimi Inari 2013/3/8 17:23
I think the short answer you are looking for is Yes. You can walk through /under the hundreds of Torii gates.
by simonality rate this post as useful

Re: Barrier Free Fushimi Inari 2013/3/19 00:22
So I forgot to add the most important part. Can you do it in a wheelchair?
by Thanny Bradford (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Barrier Free Fushimi Inari 2013/3/19 01:02
I found an interesting review of Kyoto sites here: http://www.japan-accessible.com/city/kyoto.htm . They say it's partly accessible. My guess is that you would be unable to get up to the good view of the torii gates, but unfortunately I can't recall.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Barrier Free Fushimi Inari 2013/3/19 05:18
Yeah, every website is super vague about "limited" or "partial" tour. Might as well just to for it I guess. Thanks for responding!
by ThannyBradford (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Barrier Free Fushimi Inari 2013/3/19 09:28
you have full access to the whole mountain's 1000's of gates to walk through, and i've personally walked all the way to the top, around and back down.

Wheelchair access is limited, but after checking my photos of my visit last year you will be able to access the lower courtyards and the lower part of the hill. So you should be able to go through some of the torii.
by pas7680 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread