Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is Pasmo's Refund Fee of 210yen? 2013/3/9 15:37
Slightly confused with PASMO. I read that there is a deposit of 500yen refundable when we return the card. However, when I look at their official website I also saw a mention of a refund fee of 210yen...

So do I get back total of 500yen (thus there is no charges at all) or that minus a refund fee of 210yen?
by Melanie Putra  

Re: What is Pasmo's Refund Fee of 210yen? 2013/3/9 15:43
The 500 yen deposit will be refunded without any service fee subtracted.

However, if you want to refund an eventual balance remaining on the card, then a 210 yen service fee will be subtracted from the remaining balance. If the remaining balance is 210 yen or less, then you will not receive any refund, except for the 500 yen deposit, which will be fully refunded.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: What is Pasmo's Refund Fee of 210yen? 2013/3/9 16:33
Thanks! Very clearly explained.

Would you know until what time can I refund PASMO at Haneda Airport? I should arrive Haneda after 9pm since my flight ETD is 11.45pm. I can get a refund from the train station at Haneda, right? Is the refund opened throughout the operation hour of the train station? Meaning as long as the train is running PASMO ticket counter is opened?
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: What is Pasmo's Refund Fee of 210yen? 2013/3/9 18:58
I believe that Pasmo cards can be refunded at the Keikyu station (not Monorail) of the Haneda Airport international terminal. However, according to my research, the ticket counter is open only until 8pm, but I might be wrong.

Note that Pasmo cards remain active for 10 years without use. So, if you plan to revisit Japan within ten years, you could consider holding on to your card.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: What is Pasmo's Refund Fee of 210yen? 2013/3/9 20:55
Thanks Uji. Since we are in Tokyo for only 5 days I guess we can live without it...
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: What is Pasmo's Refund Fee of 210yen? 2017/7/18 15:32
Pasmo haven't had a refund fee for some time. 4 year old thread isn't worth updating.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread