Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

5 Days in Tokyo? 2013/3/17 15:34
Hi

This summer I will travel to Japan for my first time and I am very excited. I will be in Tokyo from July 2nd to July 6th. That's 5 full days. So far I have 4 choices of itinerary for these days and I cannot decide which one to choose. I need your opinion although I know it depends on the taste of every individual. But you might help me decide with your comments.

Choice 1: 5 full days in Tokyo and enjoy the city
Choice 2: 4 days in Tokyo and 1 day trip to Niikko (is it worth it for just a temple?)
Choice 3: 4 days in Tokyo and 1 day trip to Mt Fuji and 5 lakes (is there a chance not to see the mountain because of the summer weather?)
Choice 4: 3 days in Tokyo + 1 day to Nikko + 1 day to Mt Fuji

Every opinion is welcomed. Thanks a lot
George
by Geomelin  

Re: 5 Days in Tokyo? 2013/3/17 16:40
Hi
Nikko is not just a temple, it is a priceless jewel that you must visit .... if you like temples, of course!

http://www.soleilrouge.org/blog/articles-cat-240173-710902-les_temples...

It is possible that the weather is rainy in the beginning of July. In this case, no need to try to see Fujisan, it will remain hidden in the clouds. I made the experience last summer by going to Hakone.

There are so many things to see a tokyo you will not get bored.

http://www.soleilrouge.org/blog/lire-article-240173-9754341-carte_des_...

Enjoy your stay in Tokyo!
by fuchan29 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Days in Tokyo? 2013/3/23 22:58
The most favorable choice for now seems to be the 2nd Choice (skip Mt Fuji since there is a great chance not to enjoy the view of the mountain I July) and I hope will not regret it when I return home!

Thanks
by Geomelin rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Days in Tokyo? 2013/3/26 04:38
Since these can be done as day trips, you don't need to decide now. Go to Mt Fuji only if the weather looks great. Nikko is great, but if you are looking for religious history Kamakura is nice too, especially since it's a bit closer to Tokyo. So if you get your fill of shopping and modern wonders, you can consider these side trips.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread