Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Express Bus Routes on or after April 1, 2013 2013/3/18 18:22
Hello,
I would like to inquire about the below update taken from http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

Passes issued before April 1, 2013 are valid on a small number of JR highway buses listed below, however, passes issued on or after April 1 will not be valid on any highway buses anymore:
Sapporo - Otaru
Morioka - Hirosaki
Tokyo - Nagoya/Kyoto/Osaka/Tsukuba
Nagoya - Kyoto/Osaka
Osaka - Tsuyama/Kasai Flower Center

If I buy the JR Rail Pass here in Manila before April 1, 2013, does that mean that I will still be entitled to use it on the said highway buses above even if I will only arrive in Japan on April 26, 2013? Or does the policy mean it for the pass exchange date (when I actually exchange the coupon upon arrival in Japan)? I will go back and forth Kanto and Kansai region, and might need to use the buses from the above-mentioned.

Thanks,
Malen
by Malenn  

Re: Express Bus Routes on or after April 1, 2013 2013/3/18 18:30
The official website states that passes issued on or after April 1 will not be valid on the highway buses anymore. It does not say exchange orders issues. So, you would have to exchange your exchange order to the actual pass before April 1 in order to be still able to ride the highway buses.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread