Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I ask him out? 2013/3/19 22:44
I'm studying in a college in Japan and I really like this guy; a shy, nerdy and quiet one. He has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard and he likes the same things that I like. I'm also shy but we had shared glances and little talks. He took me photos and seems to be a little emberrased when I'm around, his friends continue remarking the thing we have in common. I want to ask him out but I don't know how to do it whitout seems desperate. Some advices?
by BeuS (guest)  

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/20 15:05
My fiance was also the very shy type. He added me on facebook however and found it easier to talk with me that way than in person. Finally after winning me over with his slick words, I just waited till we were out with friends again one night, told him "hey I like you." Probably gave me one of the funniest responses Ive ever heard in a scene like that "ok you'll be my girlfriend then" haha.

So maybe work for you too, chat with him online a bit where he can relax, then get to know him well. Finally just be honest and see what he says. (probably do that part in person though lol)
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/20 17:32
"ok you'll be my girlfriend then"....sooooooo cute response from a japanese guy! sounds very pure and innocent for me. haha
by sakurafall rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/20 18:49
As a shy and devilishly handsome gentleman myself, I can confirm that it is much easier to talk to people online than in person.

Without being physical and face to face, it feels like you can open up more and not worry about judgement on your appearance and or poor choice of pickup lines.

I would also like to confirm that many shy gentlemen like outgoing ladies that take the lead in such romantic endeavors in the beginning and then wait patiently for the ensueing moonlight serenades and cuddles by candlelight when said gentleman becomes comfortable enough around said lady.

But by all means, take the time to get to know him more first, it's quite difficult to react for us shy gentlemen when someone you don't know too well and are not comfortable around suddenly says 'Hey baby, how you doin ;)'

Hope everything works out :)
Yours sincerely
Shy Gentleman
by RyanAvx rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/20 21:27
So, the problem is that he doesn't have fb and asking him about the email seems a little nonesense 'cause we are in the same lab so we see each other all weekdays. He seems to be everywhere!

I was planning to ask him if he can help me with the movie ticket and then make my first move. What do you think?
by BeuS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/21 03:00
How are you going to make your move then? I think it's easiest if you just ask him out. Keep it casual so there is less pressure - coffee or lunch perhaps. If things are going well convince him to go for a walk with you.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/22 09:54
Definitely do it. Ask him for his email, yeah it seems a bit nonsense since you see him every day anyway but make an excuse, say you want to go do whatever mutual interest it is you have with him or you have no plans this saturday and wonder if he wants to hang out outside of class.
Keep it unofficial and don't use the stupid date word (nothing scares geeky guys more) and let things happen organically.
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/22 10:04
So, I asked him out. At first, I asked him if he was up to go to the movies, but he said that he was very bussy. So then he look at me and said "Oh, you want to go?" And I said "that was my idea". He told me that movies was a little expensive for him but that we could do other stuff, so I guess is ok. Right?

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/23 00:18
Where do you go to college? You could ask him to join you in some tourist activity. If you are visiting a temple or such it's free.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/27 13:00
Ugh... If he doesn't have a few thousand yen to see a movie then he is not qualified to date lol. Struggling student or not... Come on...

by Mr. Bolo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I ask him out? 2013/3/27 13:05
So, the tourism idea is even better. I told him about it and he loved the idea, starting talking about all the places we could go. Maybe he doesn't like to go to hte movies, or something; or maybe is to personal for a first date. We're going out on saturday =)

reply to this thread