Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

multple JR West Rail passes 2013/3/24 19:28
I am going to Osaka for 11 days. I am planning to visit the Kansai region, therefore I want to use the JR West Rail pass. However, on their site there is an information that the rail passes are limited to 1 per visit.

Since the JR West Rail pass is 4 days at maximum I would like to buy more that one. Is this possible?
If not, is it possible to buy both Kansai Area Pass and Kansai Wide Area Pass?

by Maciej (guest)  

Re: multple JR West Rail passes 2013/3/25 12:01
However, on their site there is an information that the rail passes are limited to 1 per visit.

Only if you buy it inside Japan. There is no limit if you buy them outside of Japan.

Since the JR West Rail pass is 4 days at maximum I would like to buy more that one.

Are you sure? The pass is generally of rather bad value. Single tickets or a prepaid card usually comes cheaper. Furthermore it is not very useful to get around the cities since it only covers JR trains.

is it possible to buy both Kansai Area Pass and Kansai Wide Area Pass?

Yes, that is also possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: multple JR West Rail passes 2013/3/25 18:36
Thanks for the answer.
Me and my wife decided to make additional trip from Osaka to Hiroshima and thus we are thinking about Sanyo Area pass as it seems that a ticket to Hiroshima and back costs more than entire pass.
by Maciej (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: multple JR West Rail passes 2013/3/25 21:54
It seems that a ticket to Hiroshima and back costs more than entire pass.

Regular tickets sound better if 4 days are too short but 6 days are enough.
Base-fare tickets for a roundtrip from Osaka to Hiroshima are valid for 6 calendar days.
A JR regular cost on this roundtrip is 19500 to 20700 yen.
You can go further to Miyajima Island if you pay 980 yen more.
If you pay 1350 yen more, you can add a side trip in Okayama City either on the way to or on the way back from Hiroshima City.

Anyway, I find no reason to recommend multiple Sanyo Area Passes.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread