Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chureito Pagoda Early Morning 2013/4/7 15:15
Hello,

I want to photograph Chureito Pagoda in morning light once the cherry blossoms are in full bloom (hopefully this upcoming weekend).

What is the best way to get here in the early morning? Are there buses running to the Shrine, or is there a hotel to stay at that is within walking distance?

Thank you.
by Sam (guest)  

Re: Chureito Pagoda Early Morning 2013/4/7 16:58
I might see you this weekend if the weather is clear! Last year, coming from Matsumoto, I just took a very early Ltd Express train to Otsuki and then changed to the special Fuji train. I was there for the beautiful view before 9am.

A simpler way would be to stay in a hotel in either Fujiyoshida city or indeed Kawaguchiko (which may have more options). Then just take an early train.

Fingers crossed for the weather!
by richinjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Chureito Pagoda Early Morning 2013/4/7 17:40
From where?

The pagoda is reached in a 20 minute walk from Shimoyoshida Station. The trains from Kawaguchiko to Shimoyoshida start operating around 5am:
http://www.hyperdia.com/

If you are a good walker, you could also walk there from many hotels in the Kawaguchiko area in about an hour. Alternatively, you could take a taxi.

If you are coming from Tokyo, you won't be able to arrive there before 7-8am.

Renting a car would give you the most flexibility:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Chureito Pagoda Early Morning 2013/4/7 19:40
Thanks for the information. Any idea how crowded this gets? I am sure many people go during the day with the cherry blossoms but am wondering if it is very crowded early morning by photographers?
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chureito Pagoda Early Morning 2013/4/7 20:02
Like I said, I got there before 9am last year on a saturday morning during full bloom. On arrival, it was quiet but there were already about a dozen people hovering behind the pagoda with cameras and/or tripods. By about 10.30am, it had got significantly busier, but it never felt crowded, especially away from that photograph spot. Basically, get there as early as possible, take your photos of the pagoda, then enjoy the rest of the area as there are many nice views to be had if Fuji-san is cooperating.
by richinjapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread