Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nihon Minkaen access points 2013/4/21 22:36
I read somewhere that it may be advisable to access Nihon Minkaen through its rear exit so the walking tour inside the open air museum will be downhill (instead of uphill from the front entrance).

Is this possible? Do they give out tickets on the rear exit?

Thank you for your advise.
by lalainec2003  

Re: Nihon Minkaen access points 2013/4/22 08:25
If my memory is correct, there will be uphill and downhill sections regardless through which entrances you enter/exit.

How will you access the park? Note that the main entrance is much closer to the nearest station than the west entrance:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=35.616650,+139.564500&daddr=Unknown...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nihon Minkaen access points 2013/4/24 21:58
Thanks again Uji! Yes, the front entrance is nearer to the station, and they said to take a bus if one wants to access the rear exit. But I just cannot remember the website that recommended it.
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

Re: Nihon Minkaen access points 2013/6/7 13:48
Hi, I just wanted to update based on our trip May 2013. You can buy tickets at the rear entrance and yes, it is much easier as the walk is downhill! When you get down from the last bus stop, there are signs that will guide you to the museum.

On the museum grounds, your last stop will be the reception lobby (Hara house?) and you can walk to the train station from there. So much easier to do it this way. Just remember that the more elaborate houses are towards the middle and main entrance so you can opt to skip the rear houses.
by lalainec2003 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nihon Minkaen access points 2013/6/7 13:58
From the train station, take the bus that goes to Senshu university. Alight at the last stop. You will see directional signs to the museum.
by lalainec2003 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nihon Minkaen access points 2013/6/7 23:25
taking the ooportunity, how long should I plan to spend on the Nihon Minkaen? Full day, half day, ou just a couple of hours?
by CecilSoares rate this post as useful

Re: Nihon Minkaen access points 2013/6/8 08:23
I recommend between one and five hours depending on preferred pace of travel and whether you plan to have a meal or participate in a workshop there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread