Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

pasmo's and suica package 2013/4/22 02:38
I intend to visit tokyo for 7 days, whiles 5 days will be in tokyo, 1 day in hakone and 1 day in enoshima, these are the travel package i'm interested in.

suica& NEX 3500 yen oneway package

to travel from narita to tokyo on arrival to japan.

skyliner & tokyo 2 day metro pass at 2980 yen

ueno to narita

can anyone confirm the 2 day metro pass, is this the pasmo's network or not.

I cannot seem to find information to confirm this, and from my research, both suica and pasmo, they can be used on any trains within tokyo area, is this correct.

thanks
by kms899  

Re: pasmo's and suica package 2013/4/22 08:38
can anyone confirm the 2 day metro pass, is this the pasmo's network or not.

No, it's not. The metro pass only covers the nine lines operated by Tokyo Metro. It does not cover the other subway lines, the JR lines and any other train lines anywhere in Tokyo and other major cities in Japan that Pasmo does.

I cannot seem to find information to confirm this, and from my research, both suica and pasmo, they can be used on any trains within tokyo area, is this correct.

Yes, here are the basics:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: pasmo's and suica package 2013/4/22 21:38
Thanks for your useful reply, it has help me alot, and further researching I did find that the skyliner+2 day pass is a paper ticket, and not a IC, and the ticket needs to be exchanged for the skyliner.

My reasons for the skyliner + 2 day pass is rather cheap as I do intend to get the suica & NEX oneway to travel from airport to tokyo, and travel the skyliner from ueno (my hotel stay will be here)to airport, it's a trip I want to try.

but due to the complication of the train service in japan i think I will stick with the suica & nex oneway and go for a skyliner only ticket, the suica will be my main ticket around tokyo area, just like my last visit 3 yrs ago.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: pasmo's and suica package 2013/4/23 08:02
Note that you can pay the base for for the Skyliner also with your Suica card. You would have to purchase the express surcharge (1200 yen) separately, though.

Or if you want to save money, you can simply ride the Keisei limited express that does not require an express supplement.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: pasmo's and suica package 2013/4/23 08:10
Thanks

I would like to try the skyliner for the first time, it's a alternative to the Shinkansens train.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread