Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arima Onsen & Mt Rokko (late night) 2013/4/25 02:22
Hi, I am staying in Arima Onsen for 1 night and plan to enjoy the legendary million dollar view at night at Mt Rokko. I understand that the Rokko-Arima Ropeway connects Arima Onsen and Mt Rokko, but it seems that the last service is around 6pm. If I plan to leave Mt Rokko after 6pm, say 7pm or 8pm, are there any possible ways for me to get back to Arima Onsen?

Thanks.
by Chelsea (guest)  

Re: Arima Onsen & Mt Rokko (late night) 2013/4/27 11:07
When are you traveling? During the summer holidays (mid July to August), the ropeway runs until 20:50. At other times, indeed, it stops already at 17:10, which is too early for seeing the night view during most of the year.

The Rokko Cablecar on the other side of Mount Rokko operates much longer around the year. But it would be a huge detour via Sannomiya and Taigami to get back to Arima Onsen.

Instead, I would consider to see the night view from the Nunobiki observation deck instead:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3563.html

But personally, I would be most concerned about missing out on your ryokan dinner.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Arima Onsen & Mt Rokko (late night) 2013/4/30 02:12
Hi Uji, thanks for your reply. I am visiting Japan in May, unfortunately it seems I won't be able to stay at Mt Rokko for the night view unless I choose to return to Arima Onsen via Sannomiya and Taigami.

What if I choose to stay in Kobe instead of Arima Onsen, would I be able to return to Kobe after catching the night view in Mt Maya? But it seems like a huge trade off, not sure which is more worth it, the onsen (& ryokan) or the night view in Mt Maya/Rokko.

by Chelsea (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread