Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/26 21:58
I am planning to Japan mid June and appreciate any info on bus schedule and fare (in English) from Tokyo Disney Land to Skytree.
by Faku373  

Re: Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/27 08:16
I don't think there is up-to-date English information anywhere.

The one way fare is 500 yen. Suica and Pasmo (and the other IC cards) can be used to make the payment.

Here are departure times from Disney Resort:
http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/skytree_shuttle/img/timetable04_2_130416.gi...

The first column shows departures from DisneySea. The second from Disneyland.

In other words, departures from Disneyland are at 7:00, 7:50, 8:50, etc.

Travel duration from Disneyland to the Skytree is about 45-55 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/29 16:57
Hi Uji,

Thanks for the info. The 3rd column referred to what schedule? it is from Skytree to Disney? If not, appreciate if you can also share the schedule.

I am traveling with children ages from 4 to 10. Is it recommended to Skytree considering a long queue to go in (at least that what I learn from others experience)? We are planning to go there on 18 June. Or maybe you can share some tips that may be useful to avoid such queue.

Thank you and best regards.
by Faku373 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/29 17:47
The 3rd column referred to what schedule?

Departures from Disneyland in direction of Skytree. I believe that was what you asked for.

it is from Skytree to Disney? If not, appreciate if you can also share the schedule.

The first column on the following table are departure times from the Skytree in direction of Disney Resort:
http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/skytree_shuttle/img/timetable04_1_130416.gi...

The entire page in Japanese:
http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/skytree_shuttle/04.html

Is it recommended to Skytree considering a long queue to go in (at least that what I learn from others experience)? We are planning to go there on 18 June. Or maybe you can share some tips that may be useful to avoid such queue.

June 18 is unlikely to very crowded. But as a matter of fact, being "very crowded" can be more convenient than being "a little bit crowded". I try to explain:

When it is very crowded (typically if waiting times are more than an hour), then you don't have to wait in a line. Instead, you get a time slot allocated during which you can enter the tower. Consequently, you can go shopping and have a meal or even go sightseeing in nearby Asakusa while waiting for entry to the tower.

However, when waiting times are less than one hour, you have to line up.

Of course, it is also possible that there is no waiting time, at all.

I think that the mornings and evening of June 18 could be pretty calm. Possibly without waiting times depending on the time of the day. I believe that early mornings and evenings tend to be less crowded than during daytime. The weather/visibility must also have an impact. But I cannot say anything for sure.

Re: Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/29 20:54
Thanks Uji. This is very useful info. In your view, do you think 3 hours (including dinner)is enough to browse around Sky tree including to Asakusa temple? On that day We only have time in the afternoon after checking in to hotel. With such limited time, do you have better suggestion what to do in town that family friendly? Thank you and best regards.

Re: Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/30 11:48
In your view, do you think 3 hours (including dinner)is enough to browse around Sky tree including to Asakusa temple?

I think it is not enough time, but it depends on how much you want to see and your pace of sightseeing and dining.

The Skytree itself takes up 30-120 minutes depending on waiting times, how far up you go and your pace.

Then, the shopping center at the base of the Skytree is very interesting. People who like shopping could spend hours browsing the stores there. It is also a good place for dinner, which time wise can vary from a 10 minute visit at McDonalds to a 2+ hour meal at a restaurant.

Seeing the temple in Asakusa can be a 30 minute affair if you just go to the temple and back, or it can occupy you for half a day if you also explore the district around it.

Re: Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/30 17:55
Thanks Uji for the prompt respond. We are also planning to Mt. Fuji& Hakone. I have browsed several tour providers which offer similar in term of price and services. I also browse that certain provider also offer a private tour which pricing depend on the number of pax. We total 10 person and I am interested to go on a private tour instead. Appreciate any info on recommended private tour provider. In case, I go on public tour, which provider would you recommend? Thank you and best regards.

Re: Bus schedule from Tokyo Disneyland to Skytree 2013/4/30 18:46
Sorry, I am have little experience with tours.

reply to this thread