Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

is 2-3 hours enough time in owakudani 2013/4/26 22:20
As stated in the title, is 2-3 hours enough to explore owakudani area, as I'm not too sure how big the area is. Although I will be spending a night in Hokone, the rest of my time will be going around gora and hakone yumoto area for shopping, food and hot spring.

Will getting the romance car shinjuku at 10
:00 arrive at Hakone 11:23 be too late or should I get a earlier one.

thanks
by kms899  

Re: is 2-3 hours enough time in owakudani 2013/4/27 08:19
Yes, more than enough. Most people probably spend less than an hour unless they have a meal there.

The walk up to the volcanic area takes about 15 minutes. So, many people are back at the ropeway station in under an hour. Then there are some shops and food stands and a restaurant around the ropeway station where you may also want to spend some time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: is 2-3 hours enough time in owakudani 2013/4/28 01:58
Thanks for your helpful information.

Just one more question, where is the best place for 100% natural hot spring, and is Kowakien Yunessun Resort any good.

I have arranged my iternary to enospa, as I have visited this place 3 yrs ago.

by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: is 2-3 hours enough time in owakudani 2013/4/28 07:49
Just one more question, where is the best place for 100% natural hot spring, and is Kowakien Yunessun Resort any good.

Yunessun is a water park for fun. It is good if you like that type of waterparks. However, it is definitely not a place to enjoy 100% natural hot spring. It is all very artificial, and people wear swimsuits. The adjacent "Mori no Yu" also feels artificial and sterile, although at least the baths are enjoyed naked.

But then again, I am not 100% sure what you mean with "100% natural hot spring". Do you mean that the water has to be "gensen 100%"? Or is it more the environment you refer to?

Among the public baths, Tenzan remains my favorite, but it is not outstanding compared to Japan's best hot springs:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5209.html

I have arranged my iternary to enospa, as I have visited this place 3 yrs ago.

You don't consider Enospa 100% natural, do you? In any case, if Enospa is the type of hot spring bath you like, you are likely to like Yunessun.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: is 2-3 hours enough time in owakudani 2013/4/28 10:46
yeh, sorry I do mean 100% gensen, I like enospa because of the surroundings and view across the waters at night.

Re: is 2-3 hours enough time in owakudani 2013/4/28 20:34
Tenzan looks good, but many people has commented that the place is usually packed.

I will have a look and once in hakone, i'll have a look around and see what I can find.

thanks for providing the details.

reply to this thread