Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/28 00:37
What are the opening and closing hours for the JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no-Madoguchi) in Narita Airport, Terminal 1? I would like to reserve my Nobi Nobi seats for the night train as soon as I get to Narita.

Thank you!
by Ibrahim Ismail (guest)  

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/28 08:21
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/28 08:40
Thank you so much for clarifying Uji. I was confused because I saw on this website http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en009.html that the JR Ticket Office in Terminal 1 has the hours of 6:30-8:15, 19:00-21:45.

Do you think that is wrong?

by Ibrahim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/28 11:56
The linked page refers to the hours when the rail pass can be exchanged, not to the opening hours of the ticket office.

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/28 23:17
Interesting, thank you for clarifying. Does that mean if I arrive at Narita Airport at 4:25pm I can't exchange my rail pass?
by Ibrahim Ismail (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/29 08:10
If you look at the table more carefully, you will see that you can exchange the pass at the JR EAST Travel Service Center between 8:15 and 19:00. Basically, they want you to use the Travel Service Center during its opening hours (8:15 to 19:00) and the ticket windows outside of the travel service center's opening times.

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/30 01:32
This is great to know. So essentially when I arrive at Narita Airport at 4:25pm I will be able to exchange my rail passes and reserve a seat on the night train(if seats are available)?

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/30 02:21
Thanks Uji. That confused me a bit as I knew I had exchaged my pass in the late morning.
Ibrahim, just in case you have not been to Narita before here is a good youtube video that shows the route from Arrivals to the JR exchange centre. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3K6NLBxiYA It took me a long time to work it out on my first visit.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/30 03:46
Thanks Stan, that video was really helpful. I'm looking at their channel now too, a lot of really helpful videos.

Re: JR ticket offices at Narita Airport 2013/4/30 06:13
No problem. Have a great trip.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread