Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visiting a car factory 2013/4/29 18:20
Hi

While I will be in Japan next July I would like to add in my itinerary a visit to a japanese car factory or museum or something relative.

So, where should I go in order to have the best overall experience? I will visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Nagoya, Osaka and Hiroshima!

I am interested in TOYOTA, MAZDA, HONDA and unfortunately I have time to visit only one!

Thanks
George
by Geomelin  

Re: Visiting a car factory 2013/4/30 10:00
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

... 2013/4/30 18:27
I have done the Toyota Museum and Factory Tour and the Mazda Museum and Factory Tour (multiple times).

I always recommend the Mazda Museum and Factory Tour.

I can elaborate in more detail if you need, but basically the Mazda museum part is bigger and better, more process information (clay models etc). The factory tour part is neat and because Mazda is all on the one large site you get to see the rest of the operations which are very interesting too.

Mazda English tour starts at 10am (sharp) and finishes at 12pm so you have time to get there from Osaka/Kyoto in the morning if you wish and you can see the Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum in the afternoon if you wish. Mazda is also located only a few minutes by train from Hiroshima Station, whereas Toyota is much further away from Nagoya Station.

John linked the Mazda tour above, just don't forget to make a reservation (well) in advance which can be done via e-mail/phone.

Enjoy your trip!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting a car factory 2013/4/30 19:03
Thanks for your suggestion!

I am now convinced to visit MAZDA factory/museum during my day trip to Hiroshima from Osaka.

But in the itinerary you suggested i have to add a visit to Miyajima! I know it's gonna be hard, but don't you think we can do it. We are just 2 adults and used to fast pace travelling

Thanks
George
by Geomelin rate this post as useful

... 2013/4/30 20:00
It is difficult to include Mazda, Peace Park/Museum and Miyajima in the one day.

If you just want to see the torii gate at Miyajima and a little of the streets around then it may be possible.

If you don't wish to go to the Peace Museum then it is possible, although I would recommend a visit to the Peace Museum.

I'd probably go from Osaka straight to Mazda. Take the 10am tour which returns to Mazda Head office at around 11:30/11:45am. From there I would probably go back to Mukainada Station and then take the train to Hiroshima Station then the train to Miyajimaguchi Station, then the ferry to Miyajima. Once finished at Miyajima I would take the train back to Hiroshima Station and then if you have time, take the tram to the Peace Park/Museum. Even if the Museum is closed I think it is worthwhile seeing the A-dome in the evening and walking through the park. Then get dinner somewhere, Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki perhaps, and then take a late Shinkansen back to Shin-Osaka.

You could also consider paying for the ferry from Miyajima to the Peace Park directly although you may not save yourself much time at all.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3454.html

I'd also consider going Mazda - Peace Park/Museum - Miyajima and staying in Miyajima until the sun sets.

I'd probably check the tide times on the specific day and that may have some influence on which order I would choose.
Tide link at the bottom of this page:-
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3450.html
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread