Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko - motorbike rental 2013/4/29 20:55
Hi, we plan to stay 2 nights in Kawaguchiko.

1 day for sightseeing and 2nd day for Mt.Fuji Summit.

I have couple of questions

1. Can anyone recommend scooter/motorbike rental company in Kawaguchiko area?

2. What is the best way how to get to Kawaguchiko from Tokyo. We have JR pass, therefore I would appreciate any tips. In Tokyo we stay in Shinjuku area

3. What is the weather in may on Mt.Fuji? Is it possible to reach the summit? Do we need any special equipment (except of hiking shoes and appropriate outerweare?

Thank you in advance...

Tom

by Brubrick (guest)  

Re: Kawaguchiko - motorbike rental 2013/4/30 10:59
To get to lake kawaguchiko, I used a highway bus. It cost around 1700 yen. If I remember right, they don't have any major railway going there (but could be wrong)

Here's the website: http://highway-buses.jp/
by Endlesskey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko - motorbike rental 2013/4/30 12:00
What is the best way how to get to Kawaguchiko from Tokyo. We have JR pass, therefore I would appreciate any tips. In Tokyo we stay in Shinjuku area

Take the JR limited express train from Shinjuku to Otsuki and change to the Fujikyu Railway to Kawaguchiko. The Fujikyu Railway is not covered by the Japan Rail Pass, but it is covered by the JR Kanto Area Pass. More details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

What is the weather in may on Mt.Fuji?

Around Kawaguchiko, daytime high temperatures are around 20 degrees. Nighttime lows around 8 degrees. Percentage of sunny days around 50% (gradually decreasing from 60% in the beginning to 45% in the end of month). Rainy days around 30%.

At the summit, there is still a lot of snow and ice. Daytime highs are around -1 degree. Nighttime lows around -7 degrees. Strong winds often make it feel much colder. Climbing to the summit of Mount Fuji is only possible if you are a well experienced and equipped snow mountain climber.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko - motorbike rental 2013/4/30 22:32
Thanks for reply.

And any tips for motorbike rental?

Tom
by Brubrick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread