Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to go to Ashikaga Park thru Ryomo Express 2013/4/30 12:20
I'll be coming from Ikebukuro area and I want to use the Ryomo Limited Express, lines will i have to get and how much is the cost in going there. Thank you
by jean (guest)  

Re: How to go to Ashikaga Park thru Ryomo Express 2013/4/30 12:52
Are you sure you want to take the Ryomo Express?

In my opinion, it would be easier to take the JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line to Oyama and then the JR Ryomo Line to Tomita Station (110 minutes, 1890 yen) which is a 15 minute walk from the park.

If you would want to take the Ryomo Express, the fastest route would be taking the JR Yamanote Line and JR Joban Line via Nippori to Kita-Senju and then take the Ryomo Express from there to Ashikagashi Station. Total travel time would be around 90 minutes and the one way fare 2070 yen. From the station, it is 8 kilometers to the park.

http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: How to go to Ashikaga Park thru Ryomo Express 2013/4/30 13:30
Thank you for the input, i'll take your suggestion, can you just put more details on the lines that i should take. am i right to say that i'll be at three stations from ikebukuro, then oyoma, then last tomite station? where can i buy the tickets? thank you for your patience this will be my first trip to japan
by jean (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to go to Ashikaga Park thru Ryomo Express 2013/4/30 14:32
can you just put more details on the lines that i should take.

I don't know what more information to add.

1) JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line from Ikebukuro to Oyama (60 minutes)
2) JR Ryomo Line from Oyama to Tomita (30 minutes)

You can look up connections here by entering "Ikebukuro" and "Tomita" (note the spelling):
http://www.hyperdia.com/

where can i buy the tickets?

At Ikebukuro station. You can also use Suica or Pasmo for the entire trip.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread