Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Kansai airport to Shin Yokohama 2013/5/1 15:11
Helllo friends! My name is Sonia and i have a question, as i don't know exactly this country. I am arriving to Kansai airoprt in a few days and my final destination is Shin Yokohama . I am not sure how to buy Shinkansen ticket from Kansai Osaka to Shin Yokohama. I am afraid of japanese trains and i don't want to get lost. Thank you so much and i apreciate your effort to answer me.
by Sonia (guest)  

Re: From Kansai airport to Shin Yokohama 2013/5/1 15:26
Go to JR Ticket Office at Kansai Airport station.
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/routemap/

You will receive:
base fare ticket from KIX to Shin-Yokohama
Haruka Airport Express suppliment ticket
Shinkansen suppliment ticket ; Shin Osaka to Shin Yokohama

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIRPOR...
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Kansai airport to Shin Yokohama 2013/5/1 15:34
So, i have to buy 2 tickets? And change 2 trains? One from the airport and the other one from Shin Osaka to Shin Yokohama? Thank you so much.
by Sonia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Kansai airport to Shin Yokohama 2013/5/1 15:40
It will be a lot easier than you think.

After you go outside the Kansai airport terminal, just go to the train station. It might be right ahead, or you might have to take an escalator. In the train station concourse, at the end, on the left, after all the ticket machines, you will see a JR reservation office. Go in there and you can get your ticket from the airport to Shin-Yokohama. They will sell you a reservation on the LEX (Limited Express) Haruka train from the airport to Shin-Osaka shinkansen station. When you enter the airport JR station (right across from the JR reservation office), just put all the tickets they give you into a pile and put them in the fare gate at the same time (not one after the other -- all at once). The gate will open, and the tickets wlll pop up for you to take on the other side of the gate.

At Shin-Osaka station, the shinkansen tracks are above the tracks where you will arrive, but there will be signs in English all over the place. You have to go through an additional Shinkansen fare gate, where the LEX Haruka ticket will probably be captured, but the other ticket(s) returned to you. Your additional shinkansen (bullet train) ticket will tell you what train you are on (Nozomi or Hikari with a # following that). Just look at the many electronic signs to tell you which platform to go to. Or ask anyone wearing a uniform. The electronic signs alternate between Japanese and English. It only takes a few minutes to transfer from the LEX Haruka to the Shinansen. From Shin-Osaka you can take a bullet train to Shin-Yokohama. The staff at the JR reservation office will be happy to help you.

You can also do what almost everyone else does, and buy some drinks and snacks to take with you on the train. My favorite has always been the small box of sandwiches. There will also be young girls coming through the train with carts full of food and drinks for you to purchase.

Once you do this, and see how easy it can be, you will never be afraid of Japanese trains again.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Kansai airport to Shin Yokohama 2013/5/1 16:21
thank youuuuuuuuuuu!!! from the bottom of my heart!!!
by Sonia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Kansai airport to Shin Yokohama 2013/5/1 22:15
Re: tickets and gates

At an Entrance gate of Kansai-airport Station
: The base-fare ticket and the Ltd. Express ticket for "Haruka" will be checked.
: The both tickets will be returned.

At a Transfer gate of Shin-Osaka Station
: All the three tickets will be checked.
: The "Haruka" ticket will be collected.
: The base-fare ticket and the Shinkansen ticket will be returned.

From Shin-Yokohama Station, you can get out directly through a gate of West Exit or of East Exit. (Unless you have to reach Shinohara Exit, you will not pass through a transfer gate.)
- http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e888.html

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread