Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7D itinerary for Kyoto Mid Nov 2013 2013/5/2 12:34
Hi Everyone,

We're going to be spending our Honeymoon in Japan for 3 weeks. So far the information provided on this site has been FABULOUS.

We're medium to slow pace travellers, and at moment I'm just a bit lost on how to schedule our Kyoto trip effectively.

So I was wondering if Uji, GC3 and other members can give us some guidelines on how we show spend our 4 full in Kyoto during Autumn. We want each day to be spent efficiently.

Thanks a million :)

Nov 12, 2013
Kyoto - Full Day
Pending Advice

Nov 13, 2013 -
Full Day Osaka - Day trip
Osaka Aquarium
Osaka-jo Castle
Shitennoji Temple
Namba

Nov 14, 2013
Full Day Nara - Day trip
Todaiji Temple
Nara Park
Isuien Garden
Kasuga Taisha

Nov 15, 2013
Full Day Hiroshima - Day trip
Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
Hiroshima Castle

Nov 16, 2013
Kyoto - Full Day
Pending Advice

Nov 17, 2013
Kyoto - Full Day
Pending Advice

Nov 18, 2013
Kyoto - Full Day
Pending Advice

Nov 19, 2013
Leave for Tokyo

Your advice and insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave
by Kyoto Fan (guest)  

Re: 7D itinerary for Kyoto Mid Nov 2013 2013/5/2 14:00
The video link below may help you understand Kyoto a bit more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-GT4KsXxAg

For Hiroshima, you should add Miyajima visit while you are there. You can skip the castle.

http://visit-miyajima-japan.com/flash/english/welcome.html
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7D itinerary for Kyoto Mid Nov 2013 2013/5/2 16:36
Mid Nov. is the foliage season and hotels will be difficult to book. I always stay near SHIN OSAKA station, the Shinkansen terminal in Osaka. By Shinkansen it is only 14 minutes to Kyoto and it is easy to get to Nara and Hiroshima.
Try Agoda and Rakuten for booking. I usually stay at the Shin Osaka Station hotel and the LaForet is very near the station.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: 7D itinerary for Kyoto Mid Nov 2013 2013/5/2 19:12
Some possible suggestions, if you are after autumn colours, and some iconic sights, could be
Day 1: Kinkauji, Ryoani, Arashiyama (Tenruji, and Bamboo Forest)
Day 2: Ginkakuji, Eikando, Nanzanji and in particular Tenjuan
Day 3: Fushimi Inari, Tofukuji, Kiyomizudera, Kodaiji
Day 4: Nijo Castle, Nishiki Market, Pontoncho and Gion

That leaves out heaps of things, but has grouped some things geographically: I am sure there will be many other suggestions for you.

Remember to allow time to sit and eat lunch; there is a lot of walking in Kyoto.

Kodaiji does evening illumination at this time: the autumn colours are beautiful, and the walk through its small Bamboo Forest is ethereal at night...superb.

Have fun!!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread