Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR West Wide pass 2013/5/2 18:21
Can I ride on the Osaka Loop Line using the JR West Wide pass ?

I need to travel from Osaka station to JR Namba. How do I go about it ? Do I do a transfer at Imamiya, Shin-Imamiya or Tennoji station ?

Thanks.
by llimlf (guest)  

Re: JR West Wide pass 2013/5/2 18:53
Local ppl would ride subway Yotsubashi(Blue) line from Nishiumeda to Namba station.

-Can I ride on the Osaka Loop Line using the JR West Wide pass ?
Yes, you can.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR West Wide pass 2013/5/2 19:47
How do I go about it ? Do I do a transfer at Imamiya, Shin-Imamiya or Tennoji station ?

Any one of those would be okay. Imamiya is usually the best if you ride a local train along the Loop Line. Shin-Imamiya if you ride a rapid train. Tennoji if you were to ride clockwise direction, but that takes considerably longer.

As mentioned by cc, you could do the ride in less than half the time by subway (230 yen).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR West Wide pass 2013/5/2 20:01
Thank you cc and uji. Yes. I know I can take the subway which is faster however I will be traveling from kinosaki onsen to Osaka in the morning with baggage. So was thinking if making good use of the JR west wide pass and would not get to checkin my hotel at namba till 2pm. Thus, maybe by traveling on the Osaka loop line it is less crowded ?
by llimlf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka Station to Namba area 2013/5/3 03:26
I will be traveling from kinosaki onsen to Osaka in the morning with baggage.

So, you will take a Ltd. Express Hamakaze, which will not run further to Shin-Osaka....

In Osaka Station, tracks are on the 2nd floor. You can change platforms evia the 3rd floor or via the 1st floor.
: If you catch a train on Osaka Loop Line's outer track (Track 2) running clockwise, you can make a transfer at the same platform in Shin-Imamiya / Tennoji Station. (If you choose Osaka Loop Line's inner track, you will have to change platforms in a transfer.)
Each of elevators connecting the 2nd and the 1st floor is located near the Midosuji end (in the direction of the Ltd. Express Hamakaze on the platform).
So, if you use subway to Namba, Umeda Station on Midosuji Line is recommendable.
: Getting out through Midosuji Gate, you will find an escalator for subway Midosuji Line.
: Arriving to the subway concourse, you will turn to the left.
: Passing through a gate on the left, you can use an elevator/escalator to get to the platform.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: JR West Wide pass 2013/5/3 07:17
Make your life easy and take the subway Midisuji Line from Shin-Osaka to Namba. Can't recommend the Loop Line + transfer when you have lots of luggage. The subway fare is only 270yen.
by tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Osaka or Shin-Osaka Station 2013/5/3 10:42
Tokyonet: take the subway Midosuji Line from Shin-Osaka to Namba.

A Ltd. Express Hamakaze does not run to Shin-Osaka Station.
Subway Shin-Osaka Station is a bit away from non-Shinkansen JR tracks.

Leaving Kinosaki Onsen at 07:13 sounds too early; but even if you take a later 09:30 Ltd. Express Konotori (running to Shin-Osaka), you had better get off at Osaka for a transfer for Namba / JR-Namba.

Re: JR West Wide pass 2013/5/3 12:29
Thanks onotenashi and tokyonet for all your info.

Yes. I was planning to leaving Kinosaki Onsen at 09:30 on Ltd. Express Konotori and get off at Osaka for a transfer to JR-Namba as will be staying at Fraser Residence.

So, taking the osaka loop is still the better option ?
by llimlf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR West Wide pass 2013/5/3 12:50
It seems Fraser Osaka is right next to Nankai Namba station, not near JR station.
http://osaka.frasershospitality.com/location.php
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Osaka Station to Fraser Residence in Namba 2013/5/3 13:14
will be staying at Fraser Residence

Then subway sounds much better.
Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka is near Namba Station of Nankai, but also can be reached on foot from Exit #5 of subway Namba Station.
- http://osaka.frasershospitality.com/pdf/kix_frno_nankai_jp.pdf
The subway fare for Umeda -- Namba is 230 yen.

Namba Station of Osaka Municipal Subway
- http://www.kotsu.city.osaka.lg.jp/station-guide/M/m20/pdf/station.pdf
Midosuji Line's symbol color is red. Trains running from Namba arrive on Track 1.
Following signs for Exit #5, you can go up to the concourse (using an elevator/escalator), pass through an exit gate then get out to Exit #5 using an escalator.
Or, you can get out to Exit #1 using an elevator and have a short walk to Exit #5.

Correction: typo 2013/5/3 13:19
NOT: Trains running from Namba
BUT: Trains running from Umeda

reply to this thread