Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to view Tokyo Tower 2013/5/6 13:08
Hello. Where is the best place to view and take pictures Tokyo Tower? I saw some Tokyo Tower photos taken from Shiba Park, but if anyone has more recommendations on where to take pictures of Tokyo Tower, that would be great.

What about Tokyo Skytree?

Thank you!
by thousandlights  

Re: Best place to view Tokyo Tower 2013/5/6 13:19
For Tokyo Tower, I recommend the observation deck of the World Trade Center above Hamamatsucho Station (light conditions for photographs are best in the first half of the day). And from around the main entrance gate of Zojoji Temple where it is possible to take pictures of the temple buildings in combination with the tower.The views from the observation deck of Roppongi Hills are also nice, especially in the afternoon and during the night.

As for the Skytree, some of the best photographs are possible from the top floor restaurant of the Tobu Hotel Levant Tokyo next to Kinshicho Station and from the free observation deck of the Bunkyo Civic Center. More spots for taking pictures of the Skytree are shown on a map on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3064.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to view Tokyo Tower 2013/5/6 14:14
Thank you for the recommendations. I really appreciated it. I just have a question regarding those observation desks, are there usually long lineups to get up to the WTC and Roppongi Hills? How long, approximately, do you think is the waiting time? Thanks
by thousandlights rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to view Tokyo Tower 2013/5/6 14:18
While not as good as what Uji recommended, there is also the park surrounding the north-western part of Odaiba near Decks. You can get a photo with the Tokyo Tower, Rainbow Bridge, and the Statue of Liberty all in a single shot.
by Taiakun rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to view Tokyo Tower 2013/5/6 14:45
For nightview I would suggest Mori Tower. There are seperate lines for the museum and the observatory when it's busy. I went twice and never had to wait longer than 5-10mins.
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to view Tokyo Tower 2013/5/6 14:46
The WTC center was always empty on my previous visits. Likewise, I had never to wait even a minute for the Mori Tower at Roppongi Hills.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to view Tokyo Tower 2013/6/5 16:21
Mori Tower is excellent, especially at sundown and night (you can stay for both)
by tims (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread