Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation on Kii Peninsula 2013/5/31 12:55
Hey guys,
I'm going to be spending 3 nights down on the Kii Peninsula. I want to stay in Shingu, Kumano-Shi or Owase but I'm not sure which will be the best. I plan to do day trips to Hongu Taisha, Nachi Taisha and do some short day walks long the Kumano Kodo.

Shingu seems to be the best for cheaper accommodation and location but I've read it is more of a business town than a tourist town. The Ryokan/Onsen in Hongu itself are out of my price range.

If anybody has recommendations or opinions about where to stay that would be great!
by timonty  

Re: Accomodation on Kii Peninsula 2013/5/31 15:05
We stayed overnight in Kii-Katsuura and took a direct bus to Kumano Nachi Taisha and Nachi-no-take. We toured Shingu on our way up north from Katsuura but didn't stay the night there. We ended the day and bedded down in Ise.

Since you have 3 days, spending 1 night in Shingu may not be a bad idea as it is a good base/gateway to go inland to Kumano Hongu Taisha and the Kumano Kodo.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread