Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/2 01:37
Hello,
thank you for taking of your time to answer me, I was wondering if a two-nights stay in Miyajima would not be too long as we are not hiking persons , and so, if only one night at Iwaso enough?
Thank you so much,
Alinebb
by Alinebb (guest)  

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/2 08:35
If you have the time and money and like a slow pace of travel, it would be wonderful. But if you don't hike or prefer a fast pace of travel, a full day seems a little bit too much time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/2 14:04
We've stayed 2 nights and were not bored, but we are slow travellers. We pottered around in town, walked a bit up the hill (not far, my kids cant stand monkeys) and visited the aquarium. We were staying at Grand Hotel Arimoto. In fact the only downside was that 2 nights in a row of the extravagant ryokan food was too much
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/2 16:30
Hey Lazy Pious: idf you liked your hotel on Miyajima, try Hotel Zuiho at Akiu Onsen outside Sendai.....would have done this as a private message, but as you are always "guest" cant happen

BTW for the OP: we did Miyajima and Hiroshima as a day trip from Osaka, and although we thoroughly enjoyed the day, it was exhausting, and we sort of regretted it: it is certainly doable, but we would have loved a night on Miyajima. However, I think 2 nights is overkill, in an overall itinerary, unless you have loads of $$ and loads of time.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/2 16:40
Thank you all for your advices, I think then we'll stay only one night at Iwaso.
Then if I might bother you guys again, what would you advise me to do instead; get a longer stay in Kurashiki, or Matsue or Tokyo?
We will do Tokyo on the beginning of our itinerary 4 days already, and we are planningto stay 2 more nights ther upon our return.
So one more day in K, M or T?
Thank you so much, guys, I really appreciate your feedbacks.
by alinebb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/2 20:22
As Miyajima is Quote expensive to stay... you could also look into Hiroshima to stay at and combine the 2
by a-mole (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/3 00:01
I would rather stay in Hiroshima and do a day visit to Miyajima.
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/3 02:54
2 nights in Hiroshima would be my choice. That gives you 2 chances to go to Miyajima if the weather is bad on the first day.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Is a 2 nights stay in Miyajima worth it? 2013/6/3 04:47
Thanks fmj, I'll look at that! Yes, for some reason I'm a guest and I only log in to ask a question then it logs itself out again...

OP, while it is cheaper to stay at Hiroshima, Miyajima empties when the tourists leave, it is nice to have it to yourself in the evening and early morning, a bit like Nikko.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread