Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/6/4 11:36
Hello, I'm visiting Sapporo, Furano & Biei in August this year. I'm interested in purchasing the Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket.

Questions:

1. This ticket would allow me to take the Ltd Express Lavender Express trains between Sapporo and Furano and the Furano-Biei orokko trains?
2. Can I buy the Twinkle Bus tickets based on this Round Tour Ticket? Or must I still show evidence of a JR ticket in order to buy the Twinkle Bus tickets?
by Carmen (guest)  

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/6/4 14:04
This ticket would allow me to take the Ltd Express Lavender Express trains between Sapporo and Furano and the Furano-Biei orokko trains?

Yes, it does.

Can I buy the Twinkle Bus tickets based on this Round Tour Ticket?

Yes, that ticket is enough to buy a Twinkle Bus ticket.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/6/4 22:04
Thanks for the prompt response! By the way, would Furano/Biei area be very crowded on weekends during the 1st week of August? Should I try to visit on weekdays instead? Since the train ticket is only for non-reserved seats, I'm a little worried about the availability.
by Carmen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/6/11 19:20
I Plan to travel to Furano on 14 July with family, can i purchase this ticket online?
by Sin Yee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/8/12 10:13
I am wondering if the
Furano-Biei Free Pass allows us to travel on the JR Furano Line also, or does a separate charge apply. I plan to travel from New Chitose Airport to Asahikawa and

from Furano to Biei via JR Furano as I will miss the Ltd Express from Furano to Biei due to the timing.

Can anyone shed light on this?Can I use the Free Pass on JR Furano Line?
by penny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/8/12 11:06
I don't think there is such thing as Furano-Biei Free pass but if you are talking about Furano-biei round tour ticket, you can check this out http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/pdf/e/furano_biei2013.pdf

The top first page says all your routes are covered and second page is the schedule
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/8/16 03:14
Hi guear,

Thanks for your reply.

But I think the ticket says Ltd express only so that means I can only travel on Ltd Express trains and not the short shuttle on the JR Furano Line from Biei to Furano (via JR Furano)?

Is there a contact number for JR Hokkaido?

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/8/16 06:46
I am not sure what this short shuttle you are talking about. These Ltd. Express trains operate on Furano line. If the schedule is on the pdf timetable, it should be free on non-reserved seat.

What time is your arrival?

Here are their the phone numbers but I am not sure if they have English support.
http://www.jrhokkaido.co.jp/faq/index.html
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Furano-Biei round tour ticket 2013 2013/8/18 01:43
Hi Guear,

Thanks for your information.

reply to this thread