Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to meet up at narita airport ? 2013/6/9 11:53
My friend and I are going to arrive at narita airport at terminal 2, while our other 2 friends are going to arrive at terminal 1. IS there a location anyone could suggests that is the best place to meet up at the narita airport? I tried researching but im confused about whether our friends would be able to access at our terminal 2 location because I'm not sure whether it is before or after customs. We have to meet up at the airport because we have JR passes and such to exchange together.
by ben (guest)  

Re: Where to meet up at narita airport ? 2013/6/9 13:16
I would select a Narita Express train you can all easily make timewise, given your arrival times.
www.hyperdia.com
Then I would separately activate the JR Passes at the different Narita Terminals;
If you all the book the same train, chances are you will end up in the same carriage, or at least nearby, to be able to meet up and make necessary arrangements from then on.
Once through customs Narita 2 is pretty spartan.
Good luck.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Where to meet up at narita airport ? 2013/6/9 22:06
Depending on which couple arrives first, I would plan to meet at the JR office where you exchange your vouchers for the passes.
The office in Term. 1 is right near the entrance to the train and I suspect it is the same at Term. 2.
I believe there is a shuttle bus between the two terminals.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Where to meet up at narita airport ? 2013/6/10 05:28
I recommend meeting up in Terminal 1 at the designated Meeting Point in the 1st floor arrival lobby. I have done this before with a friend and had no problems. The Narita website has some info on this, and their airport map shows the location as well.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_29.html
by kbrookej (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to meet up at narita airport ? 2013/6/11 14:10
Just as background, the train stations beneath each terminal are not in any customs area.

There is, however, a basic security check when entering the terminal building coming from the train basement. The security check is to check for suspicious items and not everybody gets searched, or even stopped at the check. Anybody can pass through here (even non-passengers).

by tkuro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread