Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/10 08:37
Hi
My family is visiting Kyoto in September and we would like to go to a baseball game in Osaka one night. The game starts at 6pm so I figure we wouldn't be getting back to Kyoto before 11. Is it safe for a family (2 kids)to use public transport and walk streets that late?
by Kefos24  

Re: Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/10 08:41
Yes it is, no worries.
by naes rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/10 09:48
Totally, completely, and utterly safe. Absolutely.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/10 17:57
I think there are many people on even the last train so you don't have to worry about it so much!!
My 2 Aussie mates in Osaka told me that they felt safe even in the night here!!
well Kyoto is quieter than Osaka at night!!
by auldreekie rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/10 20:16
Everywhere is safe in Japan compared to the rest of the world. I was in Shinsekai in Osaka at night and that felt safer than my city by miles.

by fatgermanbloke rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/11 03:05
Just be careful of drunks on the train platforms. And look up the last train from Osaka before you go.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/11 05:07
Parts of Gion (away from Gion corner) is extremely seedy at night and it can be quite uncomfortable walking through it. There are spruikers for the host clubs, and hookers about. That said, their attention seems to be toward Japanese men, not westerners. I wouldnt think it was unsafe, just unpleasant.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Kyoto safe late at night? 2013/6/11 15:34
Kyoto is a fairly safe city even late at night, but you should avoid walking careselly in the night.

Where is your hotel? If far away from Kyoto station, you may want to take a taxi.

Foreigners are not imediate targets of crimes but watch out for any casual crimes like snatch-and-grabs or like that.

You should ask your hotel in advance if there is any area you should keep away from.

When I visit and go out in the town of Kyoto, I never pay attention to such worry though.

by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread