Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rental car deal at hokkaido 2013/6/11 01:45
As I am planning my trip, I saw this deal http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/pdf/e/furano_biei2013.pdf for rental car.

I am hoping someone could give me a few clarifications:
1. I assume the car rental option is only valid to the round tour ticket holder only and not other jr pass. Is that correct?
2. Can I rent more than 24 hours at the same deal rate?
3. Do I have to buy the round tour ticket to be able to get the twinkle bus tour?
3. Lastly is the twinkle bus tour cost covered in the round tour ticket?

Thank you in advance.
by guear  

Re: Rental car deal at hokkaido 2013/6/11 11:55
I read the pdf file multiple times but it just does not make sense to me. It mentions that the rental period can be extended to 24 hours for 3000 yen, but there is no mentioning of any initial car rental contract.

Why would they offer an extension, but not explain what is to be extended?

I also thought that maybe it is just bad English and that for only 3000 yen you can hire a car for 24 hours. But then why talk about an extension? An extension to the ticket maybe?

Finally, maybe I am just missing something...

In any case, there is a string that states: "Exclusively for Furano & Biei Round Tour Ticket and Lavender Field Round Tour ticket", which I think makes it pretty clear that - whatever the offer is - it is limited to these ticket holders.

Do I have to buy the round tour ticket to be able to get the twinkle bus tour?

No, any JR ticket will be fine.

3. Lastly is the twinkle bus tour cost covered in the round tour ticket?

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Rental car deal at hokkaido 2013/6/11 12:51
Since high season is around the corner, maybe someone would have the experience or knowledge on the car rental option. If this post doesn't buried, I will ask again in a month or so.

Sorry if this might sound dumb question but what do you mean by "any JR ticket" qualified?
Will a simple train ticket from Furano station to Biei station qualify? Or Tokyo station to Shinjuku station?
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Rental car deal at hokkaido 2013/6/11 13:12
1. I assume the car rental option is only valid to the round tour ticket holder only and not other jr pass. Is that correct?

The car rental option is valid for the Furano and Biei Tound Tour, Lavender Field Round Tour, and 3 Day Outing Passes.

2. Can I rent more than 24 hours at the same deal rate?

The Japanese website seems clearer than the English pdf, and it seems that its 3000 yen per 24 hour period. Presumably that would only be for the validity of your round trip ticket.

http://www.jrhokkaido.co.jp/travel/furano_sum2013/kipp.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Rental car deal at hokkaido 2013/6/12 06:44
According to this
http://www.jrhokkaido.co.jp/network/kipp/f_8.html#rentacarop
Anyone can only rent up to 24 hours, not 4 days which is the validity of the tour ticket. I used google translation so there might be mistranslation there.

Can anyone clarify the JR ticket requirement to ride twinkle bus? Thanks.

Re: Rental car deal at hokkaido 2013/6/12 10:13
According to this
http://www.jrhokkaido.co.jp/network/kipp/f_8.html#rentacarop
Anyone can only rent up to 24 hours, not 4 days which is the validity of the tour ticket.

According to the link JR Hokkaido offers that special rental car rate on many of its special tickets in addition to the ones mentioned earlier. Its not open to anyone, just those who purchase the special tickets listed on that page.

The fine print at the bottom indicates that you can rent a car once per round trip (twice if using the 3 day pass), which can be extended beyond 24 hours at additional cost (not specified, and not necessarily 3000 yen/day). I don't see it saying that you can't rent beyond the length of your ticket, but presumably it would not be cost effective to do so as the 3000 yen rate might only apply to the first 24 hours.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Rental car deal at hokkaido 2013/6/12 11:56
Okay, thanks.

reply to this thread