Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rainy season 2013 2013/6/12 04:55
Hi

I will be in Japan the first 10 days of July 2013 (Tokyo, Nikko, Osaka, Kyoto). Given the fact that the rainy season has already started do the meteorologists in Japan predict the end of this rainy season? Is there a possibility for the rainy season to be over before beginning of July?

Thanks
George
by Geomelin  

Re: Rainy season 2013 2013/6/12 08:42
George,

The rainy season in Kanto (Tokyo etc) and Kinki (Osaka etc) typically ends around 20th July plus/minus about a week. The rainy season was announced 10 days earlier than usual this year, but I don't think that necessarily has any effect on the end date.
by Jimmy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rainy season 2013 2013/6/12 09:08
The start of rainy season has been announced earlier, but in fact it hasn't started yet.
With that it's later than usually, so it's possible that it'll hit really hard at the end of June / beginning of July, but nobody knows for sure.
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Rainy season 2013 2013/6/12 16:34
most probably there'll be typhoon in July, don't forget your umbrella
by chocochick rate this post as useful

Re: Rainy season 2013 2013/6/12 18:43
Wow! That's not so encouraging!
I'm worried right now!
Do you think that rainy season would be the reason to destroy my summer holidays to Japan.
I made so many plans for this lifetime trip :(
by Geomelin rate this post as useful

Re: Rainy season 2013 2013/6/13 05:38
Hi Geomelon!

I say don't worry! You will have a spectacular time regardless of the weather, I am sure. Now, I'm not an expert on weather in Japan, but my past travels have usually been during the rainy season. In my own experience, it hardly ever rained all day long, and even when it did rain, it was usually refreshing rather than horrendous. I've never experienced a typhoon, though.

I hope you aren't feeling too badly about your trip. I bet it will be a lovely time. Plus, the rain tends to make the beautiful landscapes of Japan look even greener and more beautiful!

I hope this can provide you some optimism :)
by GoLizzy rate this post as useful

Re: Rainy season 2013 2013/6/13 05:39
Sorry, I spelt your name incorrectly! **Geomelin
by GoLizzy rate this post as useful

Re: Rainy season 2013 2013/6/13 06:40
I think you can survive Tokyo and Osaka in the rain. Kyoto is a bit trickier - extra socks and shoes would come in handy; otherwise, just embrace it! The moss in the gardens look the best in this season.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread