Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

In Wheelchair to Kyomizudera 2013/6/30 17:55
We plan to take hop on hop off bus in Kyoto since it is convenient to walk in Kyoto.
But I remember the walk from public bus stop to Kyomizudera is steep.
Other than taxi, is it possible for my mother with her knees problem (we also bring wheelchair with us) to access to Kyomizudera.
Also in my concerns is path down from Kyomizudera to the main street to get the bus or taxi.
I'm not sure if it is safe for wheelchair.

Should we hire private taxi instead.

And what about the road to Ginkakuji and Kinkakuji. Is it accessible for wheelchair.

Thanks

by marsalex  

Re: In Wheelchair to Kyomizudera 2013/6/30 20:21
This is "barrier-free access" information for Kiyomizudera. They seem to have a separate gate/entrance for cars with handicapped people. The slope for pedestrian seems to be pretty steep that they do not recommend pushing a wheelchair up...
This page provides details on the access for people in wheelchair, possibly you could show this to a taxi driver and ask if they can do this for you?

http://www.barikan-kyoto.net/shosai.php?id=111&mode=1
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: In Wheelchair to Kyomizudera 2013/6/30 22:48
Dear AK,
Thanks, I will print it.
That's what my concern also.
If it is not safe to push a wheelchair up then it's not safe either to push it down.
I just have to look for taxi that can wait since private taxi has minimum order to 4 hours.
I have to keep it in budget.
As I recall Ginkakuji and Kinkakuji the walk path is not steep. Correct me if I'm wrong.
by marsalex rate this post as useful

reply to this thread