Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage forwarding service Tateyama Alp 2013/7/1 00:24
Heyo,
I was thinking of the luggage forwarding service in Tateyama alpine route. I will be staying one night in Toyama then going through the route from early morning, but since the transport is probably cramped with people a big luggage might be a problem, so forwarding the luggage to the end of the route (Ogizawa or Shinano... station) might be better. I will probably stay somewhere on the east side of Tateyama route and leave for Tokyo the day after.

Anyway. Is there any specific time I need to pick up my luggage at the destination? Or will they be left out on the street once they close their office? I dont want to rush through the alpine route, and they say it might be very crowded at times...
by Jojo (guest)  

Re: Luggage forwarding service Tateyama Alp 2013/7/1 08:47
Is there any specific time I need to pick up my luggage at the destination?

Yes. It is explained here:
http://www.alpen-route.com/en/transportation/baggagedelivery

If the times don't fit you, I recommend to use regular delivery services to send the big pieces of luggage from your Toyama hotel all the way to Tokyo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding service Tateyama Alp 2013/7/1 14:29
Alrighty. Thank you Uji for the information.

But wont the luggage be left alone since I wont be in Tokyo until one day later after the luggage is expected to arrive? And in case I need something from the luggage it will be a problem...

So the specific closing time for luggage delivery office is 18.00?
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding service Tateyama Alp 2013/7/11 20:17
Still a bit unfamiliar with luggage forwarding.

I was thinking if I sent my luggage from Toyama directly to Tokyo (or from Osaka), I will not be there until 2 (or 3) days later. Will they be able to hold the luggage there safely? I suppose it will cost extra of course.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding service Tateyama Alp 2013/7/11 22:02
I think you have to put the hotel information on the delivery form, including your name. If you're delivering to a hotel, I'm sure the reception staff will be able to determine you're to arrive either that day or the next one. Delivered luggage usually is covered by a net and off to the side of the reception desk. Don't worry, people there don't go through your luggage. One thing I like about Japan is the consideration they have for others when it comes to things like this.
by Justin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread