Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji 2013/7/5 16:38
Hi,

I am planning from Kansai International Airport to Mt. Fuji but i am not sure which part of Mt.Fuji i should go just for the sightseeing, food and 1 night stay there? Anyone can help me.

thanks
by Nag Nag  

Re: Mt Fuji 2013/7/7 09:51
I recommend to try out a traditional onsen ryokan in the Fuji Five Lake area:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6900.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Fuji 2013/7/7 10:12
Out of the 5 lakes Kawaguchiko is the easiest to access, so I highly recommend staying there! :)
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Fuji 2013/7/8 09:44
I would recommend joining a packaged tour if it is your first time. I normally avoid guided tours and staying in groups, but I found that when climbing Mt. Fuji for the first time, there are multiple benefits for going with a tour.
First, the mountain may be the most popular mountain to climb, but it is no joke, a professional guide will you keep you safe.
Secondly, this mountain guide will improve your overall experience of climbing, because he knows information about the local fauna, taking time to point out different things of interest.
A guide also knows great photo opportunities spots. And he will gladly be your cameraman too!
I used this company last time, and I highly recommend them, and the guide's English is excellent. http://www.r-holiday.co.jp/fuji/course/kanto/b2_en/english.html
by Big Tak rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Fuji 2013/7/8 13:28
Definitely the 5 lakes.
Too many people get misled by Fuji city in Shizuoka and as a result only see the naturally ugliest and most built up side of the mountain. Shizuoka is a nice place but its not where you should go for mount fuji.
The true Mount Fuji is on the north side.
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread