Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much to load on two Suica cards 2013/7/6 23:11
Wife and I will be going next year... will obviously use the trains pretty much every day... will be there for about 7 days. What would be a good amount to put on the cards so we don't have to reload them again. About $100? Keep in mind we'll be staying in the Tokyo area, with our longest ''trip'' being when we visit the Bandai museum.
by Cookson54 (guest)  

Re: How much to load on two Suica cards 2013/7/7 10:02
The typical tourist in central Tokyo will spend around 300-800 yen on urban transportation per day. But side trips can easily increase that amount. A side trip to Kamakura, for example, costs 2000 yen. The Bandai Museum is far outside of Tokyo. I have not looked into access details, but IF you can use Suica to get there, it is likely going to cost around 3000 yen to get there and back.

Note that recharging the cards is extremely easy. I recommend to start with 5,000 to 10,000 yen per card depending on side trips you intend to do with Suica and recharge if necessary.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: How much to load on two Suica cards 2013/7/7 12:04
Uji as always is spot on.

Just tootling round Tokyo I used to put Y1000 on each morning- somedays would use less and some days a little more.

A little bakery at my train station took the suica card- as did some drink vending machines- so that was handy too.

Super easy to reload- and done in under 30secs and on your way again.

Enjoy your trip- planning is half the fun.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How much to load on two Suica cards 2013/7/7 12:16
Even if you have excess balance at the end of your trip, you can always ask for a refund.
by lalainec2003 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How much to load on two Suica cards 2013/7/7 16:00
No problem not enough balance as full covered fare when gate in.

Re-charge by fare adjustment machine at arrival station before gate out then touch for gate out.
http://youtu.be/opr69-01ZM8

But cannot open when gate
in less than 130Y(130) Suica balance.
by M8 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How much to load on two Suica cards 2013/7/8 06:49
One of the days will be a trip from the Intercontinental hotel from Tokyo Bay to Toho Studios.... straight from Toho Studios we'll be going to the Bandai Museum(since they're SORTA the ssame thing)..

Someone mentioned not being able to use the Suica card up to the Bandai Museum.. but I'm pretty sure I read that the Suica card can now be used pretty much anywhere.. correct?

Also, I think Mount Fuju might be a bit longer, as that's another day too.

We'll probably just put 10,000 yen on each card then.
by Cookson54 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How much to load on two Suica cards 2013/7/8 08:39
Now I looked up access to the Bandai Museum. It IS covered by Suica if you use local and rapid trains. If you use a limited express, you will have to purchase a supplement ticket separately.

The museum is 100 kilometers north of Tokyo. The round trip from Tokyo's Asakusa Station costs 2320 yen, not including the eventual limited express supplement (which is 1100 yen one way).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread