Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 Weeks in Hokkaido 2013/7/17 03:13
Hi All,

I've been to Japan a few times now and looking to go back next June. I've got my sights set on Hokkaido and thought I'd start by taking a few days in Sapporo then travel around Hokkaido then a few more days in Sapporo before flying home.

Just starting my research on where to go and what to do but I thought I'd throw the question out there to get some suggestions.

Thanks!

Ajaxan
by Ajaxan  

Re: 2 Weeks in Hokkaido 2013/7/17 13:55
Hokkaido has a lot to offer and can easily take up to 2 months instead of just 2 weeks for a more in-depth exploration. What to do and where to go depend a lot on personal preference. For us we tend to go for some seasonal highlights if the time is right.

If it is late June the obvious choice will be the region around Furano and Biei for the popular lavender fields (July would even be better). If it is early June and flower is still a major objective, consider the tulip and pink moss parks in Eastern Hokkaido. And while in Eastern Hokkaido Shiretoko Peninsula should not be missed if one is into nature and the great outdoor.

The drive between Sapporo and the Shiretoko Peninsula is long but there are many worthwhile destinations along the way. A sample loop drive is: Sapporo-Furano-Biei-Asahikawa-Sounkyo-Abashiri-Shiretoko Peninsula-Akan National Park-Kushiro Shitsugen Wetlands National Park-Kushiro-Obihiro-Sapporo.

There is more than enough to fill up a 2-week drive in the above loop, but if there is more time a smaller loop can be done south of Sapporo: Sapporo-Tomakomai-Noboribetsu-Toya-Niseko-Shakotan Peninsula-Otaru-Sapporo.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 Weeks in Hokkaido 2013/7/17 21:40
Thanks I definitely want to see the flower fields. I may have to adjust my timing to see the lavender fields. That would be pretty special. I don't want to do too many things. I prefer to go fewer places and take my team with each. I'll look at the loops you've suggested and take them into account in my planning.

Thanks for the feedback!
by Ajaxan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread