Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap luggage bags in Tokyo? 2013/8/16 04:19
I intend to buy quite a lot of stuff in Tokyo next month so am thinking of getting a couple of cheap luggage bags, preferably hard case bags, to store my stuff. Would appreciate if anyone can point me to the right place, preferably in Ikebukuro. Used and even horrible looking ones are fine as I intend to dispose or give them away after I return home as I do not have the luxury of space. Thanks!
by The Vapors  

Re: Cheap luggage bags in Tokyo? 2013/8/16 08:56
by naes rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap luggage bags in Tokyo? 2013/8/16 12:17
Also heaps of choice at Ameyoko- just jump on Yamanote and get off at Ueno.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap luggage bags in Tokyo? 2013/8/22 14:29
Thanks guys. Don Quixote looks promising.
by The Vapors rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap luggage bags in Tokyo? 2013/8/22 23:21
Try "Ginza Karen's" You can look them up online too.

They are on the same street and a few stores away from the big 12 floor Uniqlo in Ginza.
by poogs rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap luggage bags in Tokyo? 2013/8/23 04:41
Ueno/Ameyoko indeed is a good option. Just returned from another trip with way too many souvenirs, bought a pretty large backpack for only 980 yen here: http://goo.gl/maps/W4THq

They had hard case trolleys starting at I similar prices, I didn't look for bigger suitcases. And they definitely aren't the only place around, I only had limited time and this was simply a shop I already knew (don't ask...). But if you look further at Ameyoko, there are probably even better offers.

Another solution which I used for smaller but fragile souvenirs: just buy a couple of large plastic video cassette storage boxes at a 100 yen-store. That way I can travel with a large but light soft bag, and still get all the stuff back home undamaged.
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap luggage bags in Tokyo? 2013/8/24 09:25
Wow, looks like its gonna be Ameyoko for me now lol! Thanks guys!
by The Vapors rate this post as useful

reply to this thread