Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass for Japanese Passport Holder 2013/8/20 19:41
Hi. I've been told JR are getting stricter on requirements for eligibility for a JR Pass. In the past (I've purchased 3 JR Passes over the years) I've never had a problem, but my Resident Visa Sticker in my passport has expired and I have renewed it but the Australian immigration department no longer issue stickers, it's all done electronically.

What have other people done to prove they are a permanent resident of another country? Australia don't have a 'green card'.

On the JR website, it says:

"If an applicant is unable to provide written proof that he or she meets condition (a) or (b) and the clerk is unable to verify compliance using electronic data or other means, the PASS may be denied".

Does that mean the clerk are able to extract my visa data from the RFID chip on my passport?

Any tips on what I can do?
by Obak3  

Re: JR Pass for Japanese Passport Holder 2013/8/21 09:47
by c9 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass for Japanese Passport Holder 2013/8/21 17:29
The Embassy/Consulate-General of Japan in Australia will issue a " Certificate of Eligibility for Resident Status" for those Japanese passport holders. It costs you A$14 per issue. That makes you a proof that those Japanese passport holders live in oversea. The JP passport holders must register their address in Australia, not in Japan. That is a legally compulsory issue.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread