Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR to Shiraoi and Noboribetsu 2013/8/24 21:23
If I am planning to go to Shiraoi (Ainu Museum) from Sapporo first and then Noboribetsu, can I still use that S ticket?

What's the difference between free seating section on the Ltd. Exp and non-reserved Seating section of the Ltd. Exp. Ordinary Car?
by pinkitty  

Re: JR to Shiraoi and Noboribetsu 2013/8/25 09:03
If I am planning to go to Shiraoi (Ainu Museum) from Sapporo first and then Noboribetsu, can I still use that S ticket?

Yes, I think you should be able to use an S Kippu for Sapporo-Noboribetsu, but you will "lose" the section from Shiraoi to Noboribetsu for which you will have to purchase a separate ticket. The tickets do not allow for stop overs. If you make a stop over, you lose the remainder of the journey.

What's the difference between free seating section on the Ltd. Exp and non-reserved Seating section of the Ltd. Exp. Ordinary Car?

None. They are two ways to refer to the same concept.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR to Shiraoi and Noboribetsu 2013/8/25 13:24
Thanks for replying.

Seems like I should just buy the normal ticket to Shiraoi which is JPY1,790 and then pay for the fare to Noboribetsu which is JPY350 and use the STicket four back to Sapporo.
by pinkitty rate this post as useful

Re: JR to Shiraoi and Noboribetsu 2013/8/25 17:55
The S Kippu is a round trip ticket. You cannot buy a one-way version. Also note that a regular one-way fare from Sapporo to Shiraoi by limited express is around 3400 yen. 1790 yen is just the base fare.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread