Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kibi Plain rental bicycles 2013/8/29 17:21
Hey there,

I'm thinking of renting a bike and doing the cycling route above but, as a proud Dutchman, I like my bicycle and I'm left wondering if they also rent bikes other than mama-chari's in the vicinity or at Soja station. The article here mentions that the rental shop at Bizen-Ichinomiya only rents Mama-chari's and I don't feel like riding anything with a single gear and a basket.

Thoughts?
by DTryPleX  

Re: Kibi Plain rental bicycles 2013/8/30 04:04
I did the Kibi plain about four years ago. They only had three speed mamacharis for hire. I cycle a lot and though I enjoyed the ride the wide, soft saddle made my backside ache for days afterwards. Last year I took my own bike & did it again :) This is a link to the only photo I have of the hire shop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/claudius-xiv/3362689310/in/set-7215761638...
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Kibi Plain rental bicycles 2013/8/30 04:08
Just reread your question, sorry. My photo & info is of Bizen-Ichinomiya. As you ride one way & can leave the bike at the other end I assume that they only have mamacharis at Soja as well. I didnt see any other types of bike when I dropped mine off. I dont have any photos of Soja.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Kibi Plain rental bicycles 2013/8/30 11:10
There are more bikes at Soja but I don't know if any of them are not mamacharis.

As for the seats, I have biked there a few times and some of the bikes are a bit different, so if you can remember to look and choose you may be able to find a bike with a more comfortable seat.

The mamacharis work fine here because it's all flatland. For me, I had a backpack, so the basket was convenient. If it's any consolation, no one else will think it's strange that you have a mamachari. Most of the bikers there rent bikes so you won't be judged.
by Marl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kibi Plain rental bicycles 2013/8/30 18:15
Thanks for the answers.

However, it's not that I'm concerned with how they look. I'm just used to riding expensive city bikes and tend to ride at a high pace. Something like a race-bike or mountain bike would work.

Anyone happen to know whether there are other bike rental stations or similar in the area (maybe a few kilometers out?) where you can rent bikes like that? If not, I guess it's a case of shikataganai~
by DTryPleX rate this post as useful

Re: Kibi Plain rental bicycles 2013/9/2 14:32
The only mountain bike rental place in Okayama Prefecture I could find was at the Hiruzen Highlands, but that's too far out to use as a base for exploring the Kibi area.

by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread