Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/30 13:27
Hello everyone. I'm going to visit Japan in Oct.19 - Oct. 27 and i plan to spend around 5 days in Hokkaido before head towards Tokyo. I don't worry about my intinerary in Tokyo but this is my 1st visit Hokkaido. So, it would be appreciate for some advices/comments to my itinerary in Hokkaido below :

Oct.19 Arrive CTS (at 8.30 am) - Doraemon skypark - Rera outlet mall - Sapporo (stay)

Oct.20 visit Otaru for city tour - Sapporo (stay)

Oct.21 visit Asahikawa for Asahiyama Zoo and Ramen Village - Saporo (stay)

Oct.22 leave Sapporo (about 2 pm by train) -Hakodate for night view at Mount. Hakodate(stay)

Oct.23 Hakodate - city tour - Onuma Park - Hakodate (stay)

Oct.24 leave Hakodate (around noon) - Tokyo (by train)

My concerns are :
1. I don't know the attraction places in Asahikawa except Asahiyama Zoo and Ramen Village. So, Should i visit Biei or back to Sapporo for city tour or any option?
2. What should i do for half day before leave Sapporo in Oct.22?
3. What should i do for half day before leave Hakodate in Oct.24?

by nkampon (guest)  

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/30 15:39
Your itinerary is too relaxed. Most people will visit more places. Why don't you add in Lake Toya ?
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/30 17:01
Please kindly suggest and revise my itinerary for Lake Toya or else where.

Kinds:)
by Nkampon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/30 21:46
Uji, HELP ME PLEASE
by nkampon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/30 23:49
Although it is hard to say about the unpredictable weather, mid Oct is a good time for autumn colour in Sounkyo, Jozankei and Houheikyou Dam. Your time of visit is slightly off but there is a good chance koyo can still be enjoyed in those places, so if you are willing to cut short your time in Hakodate you may squeeze in some of the mentioned sites.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/31 00:18
OP,

Toyako is very near to Noboribetsu. I feel that all your days are very relaxed. You don't need a full day in Otaru and no need 1.5 days in Hakodate, so is Asahikawa if you just go for the zoo and ramen. I cannot suggest where you should cut short to add Toyako as there is many possibilities and I will add in Sounkyo or somewhere up in Daizetsusan(?)...a top attraction in Hokkaido. Please use google map to help decide.

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/31 01:43
Your itinerary is too relaxed. Most people will visit more places. Why don't you add in Lake Toya ?

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/31 03:41
On my last trip to Japan I stayed in Sapporo for three nights with a day trip to Otaru one of those three days. I also stayed in Hakodate two nights. I did not feel that it was too much at all. I felt satisfied that I experienced a lot (especially found so much great food)... but I could have stayed more. In fact, I wish I could have spent the night in Otaru. I had not enough time there.

I understand that some people may say there are more tourist sights elsewhere, but I found Sapporo, Otaru and Hakodate to be great places to walk around, eat, and explore. The people are so nice up there... such a good vibe... that it really held me there.
by Christopher (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/31 04:15
Same here, also 3 nights in Sapporo and 2 in Hakodate, before traveling on to Honshu. Sure, the weather during those days didn't help to make the most out of it and actually more or less forced me to visit Otaru and Yoichi on two separate days, but I wouldn't mind having to spend a few more days in either of those cities. Although they have only a few real sights, both cities somehow felt unique in their own way. And both cities indeed are a foodie's paradise...

This also was my first time at Hokkaido, but I'll definitely return to see (and taste...) more of the island.
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Re: Travel plan to Hokkaido 2013/8/31 08:22
I don't know the attraction places in Asahikawa except Asahiyama Zoo and Ramen Village.

Me neither. Note also that the ramen village is not easily accessed by public transportation. If you don't rent a car, I recommend to enjoy Asahikawa Ramen at a regular ramen shop near the Asahikawa Station, instead.

So, Should i visit Biei or back to Sapporo for city tour or any option?

Only if you rent a car. Exploring Biei without a car is rather time-consuming and may be too much for a single day in combination with Asahiyama Zoo.

2. What should i do for half day before leave Sapporo in Oct.22?
3. What should i do for half day before leave Hakodate in Oct.24?

I also suggest adding Noboribetsu or Lake Toya to fill up your itinerary. They are located between Sapporo and Hakodate. Or Sounkyo east of Asahikawa.

Also, if it is an option, I recommend to enter Hokkaido through Asahikawa Airport instead of Shin-Chitose.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread