Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day Trip to Enoshima Island,Yokohama 2013/9/3 06:27
Hi, I will be staying in Tokyo near Akihabara, Asakusabashi and Bakurocho stations for 6 days.

I am considering a day trip to Enoshima Island, followed by Yokohama.

Transport wise, how should I go about it so that it will be most cost effective?
by jellybelly (guest)  

Re: Day Trip to Enoshima Island,Yokohama 2013/9/3 12:27
I live near Enoshima. It's easy to travel from Tokyo to here by train. Here's the info:
From Shinjuku: Take Odakyu line to Fujisawa. Change to Odakyu Enoshima line. Get off at Katase-Enoshima (last stop). Total fare one way: 610 yen. Travel time: 1 hour.

From Shibuya: Take the Shonan-Shinjuku line to Fujisawa. Change to Odakyu Enoshima line to Katase-Enoshima. Cost: 1,100 yen. Travel time: 58 minutes
OR
Take Shonan-Shinjuku line to Ofuna. Change to Shonan monorail. Get off at the last stop. Cost: 1,080 yen Time: 70 mins.

To Yokohama from Tokyo:
Tokyu-Toyoko line is the best. Get on at Shibuya. Take an express to Yokohama. Cost:260 Yen. Time: 26 mins

In Enoshima, you can ride the "Enoden" (green) train along the beach road to Kamakura. It's worth it. Have fun in Kanagawa!
by cutenekko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day Trip to Enoshima Island,Yokohama 2013/9/3 16:11
Which sites would be recommended to visit for a morning in Kamakura?

Can I visit Kamakura, followed by Enoshima Island, and Yokohama in the evening? I will be going back to Tokyo from Yokohama. IF so, will any of these 2 passes be worth it?

Kamakura Enoshima Pass by JR East
Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass by Odakyu Railways
by jellybelly (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread