Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/3 14:25
I want to travel to Kanazawa. I have only an average budget, so I'm planning to go to Kanazawa either by bus or train, since plane is expensive. Will the sightseeing worth the 8 hours' bus travel? Or it's better to take a train and still get a beautiful sightseeing either?
Also, I want to avoid high season, which avoid high rate too, so when I should going? Where's to spend the nights? And what to do and what to buy list, so I can get many and still have a saving in my pocket.
Anyone can help me? Thanks.
by Stefanus Henza (guest)  

Re: how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/5 23:48
You did not mention where you are arriving from or departing for. Kanazawa alone don't take you much time and I presume you are going for that most famous garden in Japan. If you are on a budget, you probably don't stay or just 1 night. Any season don't affect your train or bus fare. Cheapest will be the overnight bus from Willer Express that arrives around 6.30 am and you can spend a day there and return by the night bus. Worth it if you want to visit badly.
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/6 06:15
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2167.html
Kanazawa is wonderful; The 500Y Loop bus is the easiest way to see the sites.
The garden is stunning; do not miss Seisonkaku Vila; Samurai area and Geisha areas worth visiting, especially for the historic homes; the 21C Museum is loads of fun; Omicho market has yummy food, especially seafood(sushi!)
There is also Ninja dera...not been there yet personally.
The Sakura Gold shop and display is just stunning also.
For inexpensive shopping there is a store in the Station, next to all the restaurants, where we load up every trip with wonderful inexpensive gifts.
Enjoy!
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/6 08:46
Things you can see for free:
-Oyama Shrine
-Omicho Market
-Walk around Kanazawa Castle (entering the building has a small fee)
-Walk around Nagamachi
-Walk around the Chaya Districts (touring inside the maiko/geisha quarters requires money)
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/6 08:55
Ow. I forgot to tell that I'm from abroad, from Singapore. So, it makes me start from Tokyo, right? If I read the travel guides, the cheapest way to go to Kanazawa is by bus. Am I correct? But it also said it'll take about 8 hours. Whew. Not a waste of time?
And how about the hotel's rate? High and low season must be different, but how much? Btw. I think I want to spend 3 days in Kanazawa.
Thank you for any reply posted here.
by Stefanus Henza (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/9 15:51
What the must buy souvenir in Kanazawa? Anyone have information? Also the price range?
by SH (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/9 17:42
How much time to I need to visit the famous garden, the villa and the samurai district if I start from the bus station and back to the bus station ? If I arrive in the morning; after lessing out my breakfast time and lunch time before leaving, I may have only 4 hours plus left. Is it enough ?
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to enjoy Kanazawa with average budget ? 2013/9/9 20:55
Re. souveniers: I'd think of laquerware, gold-leaf-covered things, and (I can't remember the name, but) there's a particular type of cloth that they make there which you might like.

The Contemporary Art Museum also has a good shop, if you're interested in that sort of thing.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread