Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice for a visit during Golden Week 2014 2013/9/8 10:49
Hi all,

I have been researching regarding our visit & see that we will be staying during the Golden Week Holiday. Is there anything that we need to plan ahead with, avoid, must do's etc. We are looking to stay in an apartment near SHIN-YURIGAOKA station.

Our stay is from 17 March through to 10 May. With a 21 day JR pass for major travel. Probably stay overnight in a few destinations, but our base will be in SHIN-YURIGAOKA area as it is cheap. We will leave our luggage there and just take day packs on trips.

Any tips advice will be appreciated, thank you
by letsgotravel  

Re: Advice for a visit during Golden Week 2014 2013/9/8 14:40
better not to go to Tokyo Disney Resort and the other entertaining places, include FujiQ, Toshimaen and Korakuen etc. There are lots of people gather during the Golden week these places
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Advice for a visit during Golden Week 2014 2013/9/8 21:57
My visit this year overlapped with Golden Week and I found it didn't spoil the enjoyment of the trip at all. (I know it's slightly different each year because of how it intersects with the weekends....) The main thing is to arrange your schedule so that you're not visiting any of the really popular places on the busy days. For instance, I made a daytrip to Sendai (apparently not very popular) on the Sunday, and Karuizawa on the Tuesday -- if I'd tried doing it the other way round, I'd have had to stand on the train journey, which is no fun.

Also, there's a lot of enjoyment to be had out of it. I'm glad I had no desire to shop in Harajuku that week, but I got some great photos of the crowds :) There was live music at Roppongi Hills -- I don't remember the music very much, just the wonderful festival atmosphere it created. And passing through Hinokicho Park on Children's Day and seeing everyone out and having fun was beautiful.
by Aoi Ninami rate this post as useful

Re: Advice for a visit during Golden Week 2014 2013/9/9 07:07
Thank you, tokyo friend 48 & Aoi Ninami for your feedback, much appreciated.

As we have considerable time for our visit we will be sure to have seen all the major sites before this holiday period. Might stay near Shinjuku around this time.

Regards
by letsgotravel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread