Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Daytime admission Onsen in Yufuin 2013/9/16 20:06
Hi all

I will be doing a day-trip to Yufuin from Hakata in November. Since we are not driving, I would like to know which onsens welcome daytime admission and are convenient to visit from the town centre by foot?

Also, do you know if it is possible to reserve Yufuin no Mori train prior to collecting my JR rail pass in Japan as I heard this highly popular service tends to sell out. Doesn't help that I'm visiting on a Saturday as well!

Thanks.
by shuhuii  

Re: Daytime admission Onsen in Yufuin 2013/9/17 09:35
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Daytime admission Onsen in Yufuin 2013/9/17 09:55
There is one right on the Kinrinko-lake. Straw thached hut & mixed & 200yen? honor system. You might avoid when kids are playing inside like my kids used to(lol).
If Yufuin-no-mori is full, pay a little more w/ JRPass and sit at the far front panoramic view seat. This area is partitioned off from the general public and very few people buy these seats.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Daytime admission Onsen in Yufuin 2013/9/17 18:20
The Japan Guide page on Yufuin lists some recommended onsen and their daytime admission fees & times.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4750.html

I ended up visiting Sansuikan, since it was closest to the station.
by kasasagi rate this post as useful

Re: Daytime admission Onsen in Yufuin 2013/9/17 21:06
All are really good suggestions! Good to know there are options around. Thanks!
by shuhuii rate this post as useful

Re: Daytime admission Onsen in Yufuin 2013/9/18 08:04
I am not too impressed with Yufuin's baths. Among them, I like Shoya no Yakata the best. I prefer Beppu for bathing.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread