Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Maya to Mount Rokko 2013/9/19 20:21
Hi,

So from what I have found Mount Maya is popular for the Kobe night view. And Mount Rokko is known for Osaka and Kobe visible from a single spot.

Is there a way to trek from one mountain to the next? How long would this take?

Thanks.
by Joshua Hugh  

Re: Mount Maya to Mount Rokko 2013/9/20 11:12
So from what I have found Mount Maya is popular for the Kobe night view. And Mount Rokko is known for Osaka and Kobe visible from a single spot.

Mount Rokko is really a collection of peaks, of which Mount Maya is one of three that are easily reachable by cablecar or ropeway. All three have nice night views of Kobe together with Osaka.

Is there a way to trek from one mountain to the next? How long would this take?

It appears that you can walk between the viewpoint at Nunobiki Herb Garden to Mount Maya, though I'm not sure how realistic it would be to do it at night. It's about 2.5km, which would probably take about an hour in daylight.

On the other hand, the distance between Mount Maya and Rokko Sanjo is about 10 km. The Rokko Maya Sky-Shuttle Bus connects the two, but stops running at 17:40 (16:30 in winter).

http://www.feel-kobe.jp/_en/guidemap/data/rokko_en1.pdf
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread